Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

East of the Missisippi Blazer Bash

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by gzzgfw, Aug 4, 2004.

1. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

After belonging to CK5 for a year now and attending a few Blazer Rides through this Forum, it's about time to do something for the other half. Or has it been done? I think there are several of us that would handle the logistics just need the backing and support.

Comments / Interest.

I must admit that wheelin' with a bunch of fullsizes and blazers is alot more fun than wheelin' with jeeps.

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I think it would be fun to see a Blazer Bash at the Badlands, Paragon, Tellico, or better yet, all three. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Maybe we could organize one at Rockport?

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I would love to see something like this! I do want to go to the one in Moab but 2 days of driving each way sucks.

5. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I would be interested in going, It would just depend on when it is, and where.

Rockport would be cool, I have been wanting to go check that place out for a while now.

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Or maybe something in Tennessee or Tellico

7. nvrenuf

I agree, I think something more centrally located like the Tennessee/Tellico area would be good for all of the east. Keep it travel friendly for the New England AND south Florida guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. big pappa b

and set it up for next spring or so. I'm out of anything until late November for sure. Stuck in Vegas for 3 months (starting next week)

9. nvrenuf

Yeah, I'm definitely out until next spring as well - my "K5" looks a lot like a bare frame. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

10. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Next Spring would probably work better for me as well, more time to plan. Tellico would be awesome, definitely a place I'd love to go to sometime. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Let's keep this post going. As you know next spring is around the corner when it comes to working and preping our trucks.

Tellico would be awesome, seems most east siders could get there in 12-18 hours.

We (hoosierK5) could handle getting some giveaways from vendors and maybe put together a shirt.

Then we need some locals (local to Tellico) for logistics such as camping, meeting, wheelin' info and coordination. Need at least a couple folks that know the area well as trail leaders so no one drives off of a cliff.

Food! can't forget food, maybe a pitch-in Burgerfest. At least burgers & dogs, chips and cookies.

Easter falls on in March so I would think most would have all of APRIL open. <font color="red"> </font> Seems people are always busy come may, june &amp; july with family stuff.

How bouch'ya. Can we use CK5 in the name of the event?

Now I'm exited, I gonna go home today and work on my 1 ton stuff and get it ready to go.......

12. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

If this is serious i will call off going to BB 04 out west and do this instead. I would love to go out west, but like it was said, 2 days driving each way for 4 days of wheeling isnt to practical. If im gonna drive for 4 days im gonna stay out and wheel for at least a week.

I could do tellico, even though thats still a long haul, its more do-able and practical than Moab.

13. big pappa b

If all goes as planned, I will have a place a little south of Asheville, NC or about 2 hours NE of Tellico. I planning on buying a place with some acres so if anyone needs to crash, pitch a tent or whatever I might be able to arrange that /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

Im in I think tellico or Windrock would be a nice central location /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif hell ya this could be very kickass /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

15. nvrenuf

I realize it's all about the volume of people interested but I'm curious about The Man's opinion this? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Paging Mr. Fox... Paging Mr. Steve Fox to the courtesy phone please... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

16. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I realize it's all about the volume of people interested but I'm curious about The Man's opinion this? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Paging Mr. Fox... Paging Mr. Steve Fox to the courtesy phone please... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone buy me a trailer! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. big pappa b

You have a few months to either save up for one or find one to borrow /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    Someone buy me a trailer! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

SAWEEET!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

19. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am game for this. Put me down on a list to be there. I am sure those of us from eastern NC will chime in to be there as well.

James

20. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm in without a doubt. I'm so hungry for this I'll sell my body on the street if it will help make it happen.