Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Easter MOAB Trip

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Blazr77400, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Blazr77400

Blazr77400 1/2 ton status

The last 2 years i have took my truck to Moab for easter Vacation. I still can't believe all of the Buttf*&ks that are down there. On the saturday of Easter I went to Potato Salad hill. The whole time I could hear people talking Smack on My truck. One i herd was "Daddy Built It", like i was Daddys little Boy. I am sorry, but i have put countless hours into that truck by Myself. Almost every nut and bolt has been taken off and put back on by me. I just hate it when someone Does that. The thing about it, is its usually the ones in the little Euro cars that had to walk from the Paved road to get to the hill.
    That same day i was at Dump Bump and was next in line. I had my tires aired down to 12 lbs and i could hear people saying "He's got way to much air in those tires", or "He aint goin anywhere with Those tires". I have 315/75-16 BFG KO's. I havent yet to make up either of those hill with those tires. A kid with a 2001 Chevy tried DUmp bump. He got his front tire up but, couldnt get any farther then that. After about 20 minutes of trying, and asking everyone what to do, he decided to back down. Well He couldn't because of his hitch. So one nice guy decided to help him, The other Big Blue truck, The one in the 4 wheel Parts Magazine, thats on Pritchet Canyon. Well the little prick in the 2001 told him to get the F&^# away from his truck. He had some one else pull him up dump bump. He got it in the end when his Torsion Bar mounts got bent up about 5" because he didnt have enough clearance. I just wish people would go there to watch and have fun, not talk smack the whole time. Or talk like they know everything. I feel like i know alot about my truck, but i dont act like i Know all, and see all. I learn something new everyday on this website.
    Does anyone know what I mean.

4 wheeling is like sex, when its good, its really, really good, when its bad its still pretty good.

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

now i am worried...
    me and the misses were thinking of going out there for our first big wheelin' trip. Is it really that bad? i am still new to wheeling and am slowly building my truck, but i love the old beater to much to take some one talking smack. Would you suggest not going till i am more experienced and know i can hold my own or go out there to learn (my original plan)
    thanks in advance for the info
    Zakk
    '77 K5 400 (dying) SBC NP203 TH350
    14BFF D60 4.10's 36" Wrangler II's

"When the Going gets weird...the Weird turn Pro"
    -HST

3. Blazr77400

There is alot of jerks, but there are alot of nice guys there too. Saturday is probably the day that most of the jerks are out. Dont let it discourage you, just go down there to have fun, maybe take some earplugs so you wont hear the dipshits.
    The biggest thing is everybody tells you what to do, if you dont like what your doing, dont do it. Dont get excited either. Seems like alot of people on the hills usually brake something when they try to please the crowd.

4 wheeling is like sex, when its good, its really, really good, when its bad its still pretty good.

4. Blazr77400

There is alot of jerks, but there are alot of nice guys there too. Saturday is probably the day that most of the jerks are out. Dont let it discourage you, just go down there to have fun, maybe take some earplugs so you wont hear the dipshits.
    The biggest thing is everybody tells you what to do, if you dont like what your doing, dont do it. Dont get excited either. Seems like alot of people on the hills usually brake something when they try to please the crowd.