Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Easter weekend April 18, 19 and 20

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by FWP, Mar 31, 2003.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

What's everybody doing? Wanna wheel? Camp? Open for suggestions /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Moab?

DW /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yeah... will have the new S-10 by then. might have to take some days off.
    grant

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

only if I can get the front axle repaired, and new wireing harness in stalled.

good news is, I have the full harness ( including magical tilt steering column) from the parts truck. bad news is, I learned the D44 up front has a broken long side axle shaft in it, and the `gear oil' was more `Gear mud, with some oily residue' in it. the carrier and spiders cleaned up fine, with no chips, pits, or gouging, but the longside axleshaft is apparently broken.

oh well.

-Rich

5. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    Moab?

DW /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that open, Moab's gonna be only once a year for my gas hog /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, I know, don't rub it in, you live an 1-1/2 hour away from Moab /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. FWP

FWP CRS

Cool Grant...

Rich, you should be able to find an axle somwhere, but check with Rob or Marv first, they might have an extra laying around. Good luck bud

7. Seventy4Blazer

6 or 8 lug D44? and what gears? and how much would you be willing to have one in good shape to PHX area?
    grant

8. FWP

FWP CRS

Right now I'm looking at camping near Lake Pleasant and wheeling Table Mesa or camping and wheeling Florence. Post up if you have a preference......BTW, Parker is still in the back of my head somewhere /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. Seventy4Blazer

im not sure what days i have off yet. i will have to find out. ethier way Sheila has to work(as of now) on saturday. if she gets the day off we will be there friday night. if she doesnt then we might not come. not sure yet. it might be hard for me to get a 3 or 4 day weekend off of this dang 30 min recal i am on as well. i will update this week.
    grant

10. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

All right people....

What's gonna happen this weekend?

I've heard some want to do Woody's Wash....
    I've heard some want to go to Table Mesa....
    I've heard some have Friday off....
    ...and some can only be off on Sunday /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Here's a spark plug to start the debate /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif:

1) Woody's Wash is gonna be "break central" for a large group of full sizers... Doing it on Sunday means gettin' home late or callin' in sick on Monday cuz we're out there fixin' stuff! I'd rather do it Friday or Saturday.

2) My g/f Jill only has Sunday off. So.... I'd rather go wheelin' on Sunday and bootie fab on Friday and Saturday.

3) Haven't we been neglecting Table Mesa? What about the trails at White Tanks? ..or that trail out behind Saguaro Lake? .... Any other options?

Also, we might have some "tag a longs" - some Scout guys that wanna come out w/ us and see what we do...

So.... here it is... Vote Away!

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1050428295marv_springer">

Wheeling Place
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Table Mesa Road
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Woody's Wash
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Explore somewhere else like White Tanks or Saguaro Lake
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

.....and since only 1 poll can be in a message, check following message /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Marv

11. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

.....continued,

Marv

12. Seventy4Blazer

on the sad side of a tuesday, count me out folks.
    i only have saturday and sunday off. sheila has to work saturday. i also need to get a few things done around te house.
    yall have fun.

marv, im working on that video. should come out nice.
    grant

13. FWP

FWP CRS

Here's my plan, I'm heading down to Florence Friday morning, arrive at 9 or 10 and set camp, ready to wheel by 11 am. I'll probably camp where we did last time, near the main road after the second flagpole. If anyone's out there Friday, I'm game for whatever. If I don't see anybody by noon or so, I'll probably go exploring around a little- to see who else may be out wheeling. Saturday will be wide open, whatever time for whatever trail. Sunday is also wide open, but I would not do Woody's on Sunday, bad move /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey- who voted for Table Mesa? Ya know, any time you want to go there, call me, I'm there in one hour /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, but since I have a long weekend, further away like Florence is definetly in order for me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I sure would like to get out with you guys. I am only good for Sunday afternoon though! If I could find you guys on Sunday afternoon - send me the CB channel and basic area and I'll come out.

15. FWP

FWP CRS

Hey Mark, it might be hard to find anyone in the afternoon, more than likely we'll be in the middle of some trail (hopefully not broken /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). Getting to the general area is easy, but getting to most of the actual trails is pretty hard to describe. How good are you at back-woods directions? Gotta GPS?

16. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well, I had a GPS till my son took it to Iraq with him. (It's OK though, gives me an excuse to get a better one)
    After talking to my wife - this is not going to be the weekend for us. It's the only afternoon of the week I don't have to leave and go to work, too many family and home things needing attention right now. Every time I see you guys go out - I tell my wife - next time /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Well it's weird - but I may not see you guys on the trail again until MOAB. Maybe I'll have a cage in so I can try the harder stuff.