Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Easter Weekend Makeover W/ PICS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Stomper, Apr 13, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

After three days working on the truck here is what I have accomplished. I would like to thank those that helped, CaveBlazin and Sapper.

Also thanks goes to DP_90K5 for his awesome work and great technical support during installation.

Before
    [​IMG]

After [​IMG]

Rear [​IMG]

Front [​IMG]

This weekend come the 8" of lift. Stay tuned for more pics. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

That thing looks GREAT!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif How do you like the rear carrier? Hard to tell from the pics, did you get some sliders too?

I'll be meeting DP in Shreveport this Sunday to pic up my front bumper and sliders (the rear bumper w/ carrier is already in my garage). /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. 79Stomper

Yeah, got the sliders too. I got the works from DP. Great guy to deal with, Hope you love it as much as I do.

4. nvrenuf

I was super impressed with Dan and his workmanship when I got my rear bumper. I really like the stinger look on the front bumper you got. Couldn't use the same design on mine though 'cause my winch (8274) would have forced it to stand waaaay out in front.

The bumpers really change the look of your truck, very nice! Are you getting different tires after the 8" lift?

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Very nice! Who made the bumpers? What are they specs of your rig /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    Very nice! Who made the bumpers? What are they specs of your rig /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DP_90K5 made all of the bumpers and sliders for us. All I know about 79Stompers truck is what in his sig so I'll let him answer that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 79Stomper

What do you want to know when you say specs of my truck. Put a GM Goodwrench motor in it a few months ago, stock axles and a th350 with a 203 behind it. Nothing really special done to the truck yet, but getting there.

I am going to go with bigger tires, I just want to get the 3/4 ton axles underneath it before I go bigger. I don't think the 10/12 bolt can handle 38's. Well I wouldn.t wheel it hard with them on there. With the winch, I bought DP's 12000 from him. It was mounted in between the frame rails underneath the front radiator core. It is going on next month when I change the front clip to an 84. Heading home for a few weeks this summer to Montgomery, will have to drive down and look you up.

8. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    Heading home for a few weeks this summer to Montgomery, will have to drive down and look you up.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be great!! Always good to meet a fellow CK5er. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Im not jealous /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif But Im putting my order in soon Mr James, when my engine is done your gonna, gonna, uhhh, just shut up.......
    On a serious note it was fun to setup those bumpers we had a blast hacking those fenders. You know that you will have to help me next james /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif