Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Easy/free cash

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Sep 2, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I just signed up for an ING Direct savings account (2% APY, the best I've found at the moment). They pay a $25 sign-up bonus when your account is successfully set up and verified. I just verified a couple days ago and am seeing the interest already (9 whopping cents in a month, but my Citibank account has made 9 cents in the last 6 months), and the sign on bonus is legit...

Here's how we make each other money:
    I get $10 for every account that signs up by my referral.
    When you set up your new account, you get $25, and you can do the referrals I'm doing to collect $10 for each, too.

The initial deposit amount doesn't matter. I put in $100 cause I had it at the time, but I beleive there's no minimum, so you can put in a dollar to get the bonus and sit on it. You can't withdraw the deposit for at least 10 days, and can't withraw the bonus for I think 30 days. I don't remember if it's required, but I found it easiest to link one of my checking accounts online to it and make the deposit electronically (like linking your checking account to paypal). That might be a requirement, I can't remember.

It's an Online bank, fully legit, insured, and recognized by the FDIC. I'm not one to put all my eggs in one basket, so I'll keep a very small amount of money there, since there's no branch I can go to if my internet connection fails...

If you're interested, send me a PM with your email address, first name, and last name. The info you'll open the account with. I don't have a link to post, or I would. I have to enter your info through my account, and they send you an email invitation.
    I only get a certain amount of referral's, so research it, and email me if you decide to do it.

Go for it! I'm highly institutionally-distrustful, and I'm trying this...
    Skip lunch one day and spend $5 on this to make $25, and buy a big lunch next month.

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

C'mon guys, some of you have to be into this...

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Worth another top? If you guys got your mail and set up your stuff, reply to this so noone thinks I'm yankin' thier chain!