Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Easy questions for y'all but I wanna do it right this time;water temp sendr

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PetaKane, Aug 16, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Easy questions for y\'all but I wanna do it right this time;water temp sendr

Okay, I've got to re-install my gauges now that I've got the motor in. The only sending units that will have anything to do with the motor will be the water temperature, which is electrical. And the mechanical oil pressure sender. Where is the best place to put the sending units? The block is a 98 350 if that matters? Well thanks in advance

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: Easy questions for y\'all but I wanna do it right this time;water temp sendr

Put the water temp sensor in the head of the engine. There should be a pipe plug in the front middle near the spark plug.

The oil sender can be put at the back of the block, near the distributor.

John

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Re: Easy questions for y\'all but I wanna do it right this time;water temp sendr

I put the water temp. sender in the intake manifold for a more accurate reading, and the oil pressure sender/line at the oil filter housing. Just my opinion though. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif