Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EASY SHACKLE FLIP...?'S

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by BIGCHEVY, Feb 3, 2001.

1. BIGCHEVY

BIGCHEVY Registered Member

EASY SHACKLE FLIP...?\'S

HOW WOULD BE THE EASIEST WAY TO DO A SHACKLE FLIP IN THE BACK OF MY 79 SILVERADO FULL SIZE? I HAVE ACCESS TO A WELDER. SO I WANT TO DO IT MYSELF. ANYBODY????

IF IT AIN'T BROKE,YOU AIN'T TRYING HARD ENUFF

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: EASY SHACKLE FLIP...?\'S

If you want easy, order a kit and bolt it on! that's as easy as it gets! This may not be what you're looking for though.
    There have been some other posts on the boards here on this subject, so you might look for some more info there. I can't give out much advice since it's kind of our job to sell our kit, but there is nothing to stop you for breaking out the torch and welder and getting started. That's how my first one came about.
    Sorry, good luck

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

If you want easy, order a kit and bolt it on! that's as easy as it gets! This may not be what you're looking for though.
    There have been some other posts on the boards here on this subject, so you might look for some more info there. I can't give out much advice since it's kind of our job to sell our kit, but there is nothing to stop you from breaking out the torch and welder and getting started. That's how my first one came about.
    Sorry, good luck

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

4. KENBARBOUR

KENBARBOUR Registered Member

ORD's kit is definatly the way to do it. You dont even need a welder. You should have no problems because you dont even have to drop the tank like i did in my blazer. No questions about it, the ord kit is better than i could have made and i make plenty of stuff for my truck. You should see the welds on his stuff.