Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Easy way to tell a dodge 60 from a chev?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Oct 9, 2002.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I have decided to get a 60 from a 4X4 boneyard close to me. I dont want to say the guy is shady but I will say I want to have my ducks in a row before I go out there. Is there an easy way, with out whipping out the tape measure, to tell if a 60 is from a dodge or chev? Can anyone tell me if all chev 60's came with 35 spline inner shafts.

I would HATE to go out there and get some odd ball 17 spline, ball joint, 5.5" ring gear D60 that came in the 1963 chevy ice cream truck or some crap like that.

Thanks homies...

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

dodge uses a different stearing arm oh and dodges have there brake lines come down to the pumpkin area and then into a t and atatche(sp?) to the tubes and run to each calliper. other than that i think you would need to use a tape /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Sorry, best bet is to measure the perches.
    -- Mike

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The Dodge D60 will have a steering arm that is basically straight (pointed towards the spring like a Chevy) with a slight rise to it where as a Chevy has a downward slope and a bend towards the rear.

The shock mounts on the Dodge axles I've seen are simple flat steel tabs with a stud for the shock to mount on.

As previously stated, a Dodge will have a " T " bolted to the long side axle tube with a hard brake line running to each wheel and then a short rubber line to the caliper.

5. NetBlazer

NetBlazer Registered Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    odd ball 17 spline, ball joint, 5.5" ring gear D60 that came in the 1963 chevy ice cream truck

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You're killin' me!