Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

easyest way to get 3/4 ton axles?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88jimmyoungowner, Jan 28, 2002.

1. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

could i go to a boe yeard and find a old k-some number and get the axles from it? Or is that too expensive? AMybe i can find a dumb guy who believes that they are 10 bolts!

16, 88 jimmy, kearning, but still need help

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

drive around, check the local paper, talk to people, and be patient. i am sure that's the cheapest way to get a set. i picked up a 3/4 for 300 buddy of mine picked one up for 400, i'm talking about a complete truck too. and there is another around there, just got to find it [​IMG]

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Buy me a dana 60 and I will give you my 3/4 tons...LOL The boneyard is a good idea..but i went with the parts rig approach and am selling off the remainder. Just keep looking

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

4. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Living in rural wisconsin, we do things a bit different here. No garbage service, so it's dump runs and recycle to the max, so when I was doing my annual can run (yeah, it's a pickup load overflowing), i noticed a 3/4 ton @ the boneyard. Asked what ratio was in 'em, and he didn't know. Old farm truck, body shot, no bed, and tranny blown. Asked if they were in good shape, again, unknown, but said they should be. Asked how much and they were $100/each. Turned out to be 4:10s and a direct bolt in for my suburban! Had to go through the brakes however, but figured for that price, it'd be worth it!

Keep lookin! they're there, but hiding real well!

5. WARP1

WARP1 Registered Member

The easiest way, buy some off of for sale section of Colorado K5. It might not the be the cheapest, but it's one of the few places that always has a used set of 3/4 axles for sale (usually $400-$600). I don't know where you live but there always seems to be a set for sale within 500miles of my house.

'73 Blazer, 4" lift, 33" BFG Muds