Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Eaton E-locker

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mastiff, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does anyone have one of these? What's the concensus? I really like the idea of a selectable locker for my front D60 since I drive around on winter roads sometimes. Sounds like maybe the Electrac isn't the best? Plus I don't like that it's still posi when off, which might be squirrelly on-road in the front in winter.

Is it conceivable that a novice mechanic could install something like this? I'm kind of scared about having to setup the gears and all that. How tough is it? Or maybe I should just find a shop nearby to do it for me (if/when I go for it)?

Finally, would my 86 CUCV D60 front be 35 spline? I know it's 4.56. Thanks.

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Yes its 35 spline. The E-locker is good (better than an ARB, IMO) but good luck finding one. Eaton has been real slow on getting these out. You can try, and if you can find one go for it. As far as setting up the gears again, all you will have to reset is backlash, which isn't too bad (and in my experience with detroits I didn't need to change a thing). Just post up here when you are ready and we'll help ya out.

3. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4. gm500hprat

gm500hprat 1/2 ton status

They may sell them but i doubt I have them in stock. I work at Currie Enterprises and Extreme4x4.com my boss has 2 of the original 3 or 4 pairs built that did not go in the H2. And he only has them because the Curries wanted to test them out and he had 2 rigs in the shop being built. But when he tried to get some on his own they are just not sittin anywhere long enough to be found. I think the production of the H2's are using up most of the e-lockers.