Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Eaton E-Locker

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zcarczar, Sep 27, 2002.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Anybody know when these things are coming out? Im interested to see how much they are compared to a Detroit.

2. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Do a search I know I saw this a while back they should be out by the end of the year.

3. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Detriot is coming out with a limited slip that has an electric soleniod that actuates a shift fork through the cover like an ox locker , check it out on their (detroits) site under new products!! Its called the Detroit/electrac!!!!..........CC

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I keep calling Eaton.....but they keep laughing at me! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

The applications are all for the "new" axles Hummer H2, and Toyota have them available now on new trucks.

They say they will eventually go "backwards" and supply versions for all the Dana axles, and eventually do a version for the C14-Bolt too.

I can't say I blame them...they are hitting the largest segments of the market first, and will go for the niche-stuff later on.

I know we often think CK5 is HUGE and represents a big market, but we're just a small group of crazies! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif