Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Eaton Wheels/ Bart Wheels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Z3PR, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I found the look I like [​IMG] , these are Eaton Wheels. So what can anyone tell me about Eaton Wheels ??? Good or Bad ??? Anyone know of anyone else making rims that look like this ??? I like this look, just still looking into all my options. These are listed as "Off Road Only". What kind of problems could I run into useing them on the interstate ??? Truck will be a daily driver.

2. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

Re: Eaton Wheels

I'm running 15x10 8-lug Eatons. They balanced fine, I drive them on the highway everyday. No problems. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

FYI--the offroad only wheels are for the beadlock version of these wheels. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I got to liking that style myself Rockstomper has some close the only thing is you'll have to paint them. 4 Wheel Parts has some that look just like the Eatons They quoted me 63$ for a 15X10 8 lug with 2.75 bs. I tried to find them on their web site but I couldn't I find the sales add that I saw them I'll let you know.

Eric

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

sold under many names
    Barts
    Clements
    Eatons
    and more.
    do not get the chrome ones! guess how I know that

6. Highlander

Ok mj
    I'm going to ask whats up with the Chrome? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm asking cause that is what I'm planning on getting...

Eric

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

My chrome rims that look quite a bit like that- I'm not sure of the name- arent' chrome anymore....they were CHEAP rims when the PO bought them- they are now 4 years old..2 of those years sitting on the K5, 1.5 of those not even driven..NO Road salt every hit these rims..(cept for this past week a bit)...they SUCK the chrome is chipping away- the rust is incredible...they are the worst rims I've ever had....

Brandy

8. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

I have the Eatons and like them a lot. However they are HEAVY. I have the 16.5x9.75 Black powder coated ones. They were like 40lbs each I think. They are really nice and the powder coating is EXTREAMLY STRONG. I would highly reccomend them but I wouldn't get crome. Later
    -fLeXy K20

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i have HD eaton wheels with my 39.5s. very heavy... very tough. got'em from nation tire and wheel. They are dot approved... not sure what that "off road use only" poop is about...

j

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Found these at Summit. The people I talked to on the phone were so nice. That go's a long way with me when the sales people are nice !!! Still shopping around, but I'm leaning tords summit couse of how nice the guy was on the phone, and becouse of the 4" back spacing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG]

11. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

i believe the "off road use only" is for their beadlocks.

i had those beadlocks in a 15X14, very strong and very heavy, but a good wheel. i had no problems with them, they held air, and ran very true.

i sold them so i could get me some TR's..

12. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Call up your local tire places. I've found when it comes to buying wheels that it is usually cheaper to buy them locally. The Discount Tire where I'm from only wanted $50 or $55 out the door for 15x10 8 on 6.5 wagon wheels. I suspect 16.5" would cost quite a bit more though.

13. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

you have to clean and polish them constantly as the rust bleeds through.
    within a few months mine were looking OLD and nasty.
    winter was real bad
    I had assumed paying a fair amount for chrome version they would look good until I scratched the plating
    no such luck, it is like there are pinholes that allows rust to bleed
    never again but I apparently needed the lesson

14. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

the chrome dissappears after a while.. i got stuck in mucky rocky mud..... well the rocks acted like sandpaper.. i had the craigger ss blue center dish rims... they were nice... until that night..... now i have chrome 16.5x12 steel rims... got them used all 4 with 40's for $400... but the chrome is shot... but i dont mind....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yes it is the same truck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    i havent been to any truck sites in a while... but now i am getting back into it... in june i move into a new house and i am gonna take the truck apart again and try and get it ready.....
    go here and see my buildup of truck since 1991 to present....

15. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I bought the BART Trucker Series chrome rims from summit 8 months ago. 15x10 3.4 offset 8 lug and they still look as new as the day I bought them. They have 1/4" centers specificly to handle large tires and aren't too heavy.

[​IMG]

16. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I like mine on the freeway... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    But the tire installer had to use quite a few weights to balance the wheels and tires....

The problem I had....was doing extra grinding on my d60 calipers...
    due to the thickness of the wheel

17. Highlander

Well I would hope to get at lest 2 or more years before they went south. It to bad they only come powder coated in Black and White. My Blazer is already Black /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif If was to go with the Black I wouldn't find my K5 when I'm at the Mall /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Eric

18. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Now that's not fair Mike. You should also tell them that you can leave out a plain chunk of steel for a year and it wouldn't have any rust on it at all /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks to the .001% average humidity you have down there /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I have 15x10 8-lug eatons with 3.5" BS
    I got the eatons becaues they were the only ones I could find in black.

Also make sure that the backspacing is right if you are going to order some new rims. Most of the rims I found had different (less) BS on 8-lug wheels but listed the BS for all the other lug patterns.