Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

eBay -- Am I being irrational?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Grieby54, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Ok, my cellphone doesn't work unless I have it on speaker phone, and my screen is cracked. I bought a new one off of eBay from an eBay store with a 99.9% feedback, and nearly all of the feedback said fast shipper. So I bought it, paid on the dot, and waited. I bought it the 26th, it was shipped the 29th, I think to myself, ok... that's a bit slow, but whatever, it's on its way. Come the 6th I'm thinking, ok... it was shipped priority mail, so it shoulda been here a while ago. I use the tracking number they gave me and it's nearly worthless. USPS tracking numbers only give the date the packages was shipped and if they tried to give it to you but you weren't home.
    So my first contact was an e-mail I sent politely asking where my phone was and why it was taking so long. They respond to this treating me like a dumbass, and in their response was "Please wait 7 BUSINESS days for the package to arrive, after that time has expired, contact us if you have not recieved it." This was on the 6th business day. So another day passes and I write back. "ok, it is now the 7th BUSINESS day and I've got nothing..." and so forth. I call them, I talk to a man who can hardly speak english. He says he will call USPS to see what the deal is then call me back. I wait an hour, call back, all I get is "this mailbox is full, goodbye" So I e-mail back telling them how impatient I am becoming, they respond with apologies saying they are looking into the matter imidiately.
    It is now the 9th of December, I purchased the phone the 26th of November. I just sent an e-mail telling them "Either refund me ALL of my money, or overnight a new phone. - Sam"
    Is that unreasonable?

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I don't think so. They need to get you the/a phone asap. I wouldn't even bother with money back yet, you've lost the time by dealing with this seller, don't waste more time taking your cash and going to another seller yet.
    I would push this guy a little harder with the promise of reporting him to ebay if you don't have a phone in your possession by XX/XX/XXXX.

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I guess if I need something asap I go buy it locally. If I am buying something off an individual person on ebay I expect it to go out no later than a week after I pay. I never buy anything off ebay I am in dire need of.

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Is it really the seller's fault? It looks like it was sent in a timely manner. Not saying that the mail system might be backed up because of Christmas or anything... I bet it will show up in another day or two.

5. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i sorta had the same thing happen.
    i had won an auction for stainless Rad & Heater hoses.
    i paid right after the auction ended. had gotten a reply the next day saying it was shipped. i waited 7 business days and still no hoses, figure i will let 10 go by since it was coming from Washington state.

so now i have a bad feeling about all this, so i email saying i havent received my hoses or a tracking number proving they were shipped.
    quick as can be i have a tracking number in my inbox, i check it, and someone in San Bernadeno, Ca signed and received my hoses, i live in Chicago.

they wanted me to wait till they figured out what happedn before they would ship a new set. i gave them the ultimatum of 2 days time, if i didnt have a new tracking number, i would report them to Ebay, Paypal, and leave a real nasty negative feedback.

they must of thought i was bluffing, 2 days went by with the negative feedback and Paypal trying to get my $$ back, and i then i had gotten a new tracking number.

6. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

i have had to deal with this a few times, once shipped it is the hands of usps, they dont consider a package lost until 30 days, if it was insured the usps will refund after the 30 days, if not insured its on you

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

i have sold lots on ebay and being a seller is hard with shipping. they shipped it, its not their fault the post office sucks. for example-i bought some stuf from y-uint recently. one package was shipped on a monday, the rest on a thursday. i got the thursday package in like 3 days and it took two weeks for the first one. If you didnt opt for the insurance then thats your bad. if they didnt offer insurance and you didnt ask for it, your bad. if you paid for insurance then after 10 or 14 business days you can report it to the post office and i think after 30 you get your money back. these situations put seller in weird positions. its not their fault but they are held responsible. But i do feel they should do everything short of sending you back your money to make the situation right (ie: work with you and the post office, after all they did send it out)

8. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

you are being too hard. YOU need to call USPS. you will be pissed when you hear their take on it.

why didnt you pay for overnite when you bought it? its not his problem, he shipped it