Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ebay Burn....**RANT**

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jeremy_C, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Anybody ever deal with "ILIKETOBURNOUT" on ebay?? My advice: dont. I bought a set of flowmasters off him for 80.00, well then it cost 30.00 to ship'em. So i went ahead a paid that. That nite he convinced me to use paypal so the money would get there quicker, and therefor he could ship the next morning. That was april 10th, as of april 24th i have no flowmasters. I've recived an email from him ever time i sent him one the first nite, now i cant even get a reply. I'm goin to ebay right now to file a complaint. Damn dead beat.

Anybody here that lives in redding CA??? PM me /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ebay won't do a thing until 30 days have passed, according to their rules the seller has 30 days to ship. Even after that they won't do much, you will have better luck with paypal.......well that was before ebay bought paypal.

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

just go to the N. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifcal forum Id visit him if I was there.

4. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My home town is Redding - I have resources there also /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Keep me posted cuz I will be going up there soon.

5. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I'm also fairly close to Redding. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I'll keep ya'll posted /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

As far as consenquences to his actions, all i see Ebay doing is Suspending memberships indefinitly. I'm gonna check into the pursuing legal action. Such as writing an arrest warrent, since this did happen in Tennessee as well as california, i'm not really clear how that might work. But if i can have him arrested, thats the route i'm going to go.

I will give him till may 1st, and then i will post his address on the board, sounds fair to me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

What kind of a feedback record did he have before? I've seen sellers who let their feedback go to hell and just don't seem to care.

8. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Contact Paypal about it first.

And look into talking to the Post Office about it. I've heard that when someone is supposed to ship you something and doesn't, it is actually mail fraud. Just something to check out.

9. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

I have dealt with paypals fraud department before, I don't know what they told the person, but I went two weeks after payment with no reply to my emails, next day after I reported them, I received an email. Just so you know, the crime is interstate wire fraud, its a federal offense.

10. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Alrighty guys, i REALLYdo appreciate the help in this. Hopefully this fawker will get whats coming to him. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

You can request his home phone # and address and ebay will have to give it to you. Good thing you did use paypal because now you have a receipt that you can print out to use against him if you choose to press charges. Also before the auction is deleted print out a copy of it. Check his feedback rating and if there are any negatives on there email those people that left them and ask what their situation was and if it was ever resolved. I had a dead beat buyer one time with the sale of my Suburban and those were some of the steps I had to take to get him to come and get it. Buy not shipping he is flat out stealing your money and not delivering the goods and it is a Federal Offense and you can press charges but you have to go through ebay channels first and be a little patient. Hope you get the dead beat.

12. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

Good luck on your effort!!! You probably will never see the money through EBay but you might get progress through Paypal only if you used a credit card to satisfy your account. If you used your checking account, You can forget it. Been there, done that!!!!!!

13. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Well.. i boght some subs online and the guy who sells em lives in canada he shipped them out the 7th and I still dont have em. He said he called ther shipping company and they told him that customs is taking 10-25 days checking items coming into the US casue of the war....
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

LOL
    that is a good one!

where in Canada? there are a few of us on here that may be able to help you out.

I drive through Redding twice a week. what did you have in mind?

15. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

He FINALLY emailed me tonite, sayin he had a family emergency and forgot to ship the mufflers. I told him he had till may 10th, an i was pressin charges.

Why is it that everbody who sells or buys on EBAY, usually has a family emergency right at the end of the auction. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

16. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

update once again:

As of tuesday may 20th, i still have no mufflers. His name is Jesse Smedley he lives in redding california. The ebay accounty is actually owned my doug something or nother. But jesse was selling the pipes. I have recieved replys from both indiviudals, and have been lied to by both individuals.

All i can say is they are lucky i live on the other side of the country. If they were in my neck of the woods, they'd be in the jail right now. And my truck would have the dang flowmasters on it. Fawkin Prick! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

17. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif have you talked to either of the california clubs about getting a member to go get them for you?

18. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Yea, I posted in the Nor Cal forum....one of the guys knew a deputy in redding an was gonna get back to me bout getting him to go by an get the items for me.

I dont see getting any flowmasters or money back from this. Dagumit. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

19. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

this is a cake issue. contact paypal and file a claim for "seller failed to ship". according to ebay and paypal, a paypal user has to ship an item, trackably, within 7 days of receiving funds or is subject to the return of said funds to the buyer and a fee imposed to the seller. if you contact paypal, they will fight it out for you and it will be resolved in less than 48 hours. i had a similar problem and followed the paypal guidelines. i had 100% of my money back in my acct in 4 hours.

best of luck.