Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ebay Buying & Shipping

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Kajun_K5, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Kajun_K5

Kajun_K5 Registered Member

I am looking at buying a rig off of ebay. It is all the way in CA and I am in LA. I got a quote from DAS(ebay) for $1000 to ship it. Does anyone have any experience with doing this or any suggestions of another way?

Any advice/comments would be great.:bow: I trying to buy a late model mint condition rig but I can't find any around home.

2. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

way cheaper to fly out and drive it back. unless its not drivable or streetllegal. Also if you do fly out, check the price not only on one way tickets, but two way tickets, even though you arent using the other ticket part, it may be cheaper than a one way. Otherwise dunno anything about shipping cars. etc.

3. DaPlumber

DaPlumber 1/2 ton status

WOW!!! I got my last Sub. shipped from Ca. to Oh. and it was less than that! You need to look up shippers on line.. I will look in the am for the number of the shipper I use.

4. barneybasher1010

barneybasher1010 1/2 ton status

and you can check it out better than taking someones word for it

5. JC_

JC_ Registered Member

I bought my wifes 2001 3/4 Suburban off of ebay, it was in New York. I had it shipped via DAS for just over 1K to Indiana. Everything went well with zero issues.

I also bought a 85 Blazer off of ebay in New Jersey. I drove out with a buddy and we followed each other home. This was of course more time consuming. The drive was 11 hrs each way and sucked but, I saved a ton of cash and I would drive the truck anywhere now with no hesitation.

On a side note, I picked up a set of 3/4 ton axles off of ebay in PA for $152. The seller met me at the Interstate on our way home. Kinda cool.

6. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Check out other shippers. I got my M1009 shipped from NJ to CA for half of what the eBay linked shipper wanted:rolleyes::rolleyes:

They were called Excalibur - Transportation, shipping, vehicle, or something or other. I think it was $800-$900.

7. JC_

JC_ Registered Member

Something to add, my shipping experience with ebay was just about 5 months ago, fuel surcharge killed what may have been a reasonable rate...