Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ebay deal gone really sour

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudFrog, Aug 25, 2004.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Need some ideas on how to handle this. Filling with ebay but I need ideas that will really scare the #%#@$ out of him.

A customer bought 2 oxygen sensor nuts.. all of $8 from us. We sent through through USPS without confirmation. Well today the same customer opened a brand new account on ebay, purchased $7,500 worth of MagnaFlow Catbacks and left us negative feedbacks for most of them (not to mention all the ebay selling fees). Now, the O2 nuts were only $8, if he didn't receive them I would have shipped him a new set. This was in no way called for.

I've emailed Ebay's Safeharbor but like that ever amounts to anything. I want to take legal action somehow that will totally destroy them. First off they are slandering our name as a business, they claim we did not send them the 20 catbacks (for different vehicles) that they ordered and "paid for". This is so much BS... Need to Rant and hit stuff hard /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Do you (your company) have legal council on retainer? I think I'd be giving them a call first thing in the morning. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Man, I feel bad for ya reading that.

I have all but pulled the plug on my ebay business because it's really crappy to deal with ebay.

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I would do that except it's 90% of my business..

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I would do that except it's 90% of my business..

[/ QUOTE ]

It was for me too. I just cut back and I'm going to do it by word of mouth now.

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Can't do that.. I sell about $70,000 a month off of ebay.. Keep in mind that isn't profit and I work for a corporation so I don't see much of that /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

BTW.. what were you selling on ebay?

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

letter bomb?

find out where he live if its far hire a pi to follow him and snap pics of him driveing around his house work, sitting down for brackfast.
    mail them to him with a message writen in red ink.

might cost a bit but /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

What about taking your records and feedback to a lawyer and talk to them about sueing for slander and defamation of character...
    Might cost a few $$$ but you should be able to re coup the Fee's in the lawsuit..
    I have to ask ..Did they even pay for the cat backs or just bid and cancel the bids ..( I am assuming the 2nd of the other.) /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW.. what were you selling on ebay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Drivetrain parts.

11. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

They didn't attempt to pay for them.. Ebay did cancel all of their purchases, reimburst us and remove the feedback. So I guess all is good, I just hope they figure out who it was originally and give them the permanent boot from ebay.