Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ebay find...what do you think?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigoltrux77, Sep 30, 2003.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

2. cashew

cashew Registered Member

Well, if someone is willing to lie in his description on Ebay, then that might be a hint that the truck isn't that good a deal.

I'd pay 1500, but not 2000. I got my 75 for 2000, and it is in better shape than this 77. And I'm still thinking I paid 500 more for my 75 than I should have. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just my .02 cents...

3. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

a 77' with only 99,000 I highly doubt that is right.
    mine is an 81' with over 200,000 and the engine compartment is way cleaner. 99,000 no way!

4. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

I'd be really careful buying anything worth more than a few bucks on evilbay. Unless you can have someone you trust, like from ck5 take a look at the thing, I'd be prepared for some surprises... say RUST when you get the thing.

I had a friend buy a 'rust free' 67 Camaro off ebay only to have his foot go through the floor on his first test drive. He did get the seller to refund some of the money, but he was one of the lucky few I would imagine.

Good luck!

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I'd go check it out if I were you, not sure how far away you are from Madison, but I'd check it out in person before bidding any higher.

6. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

It looks like a nice truck, but I have seen better for 2000. I agree, the engine compartment doesnt look that great. I may be wrong here, but the way that theres all those leaves and junk under the windshield trapped by the hood makes me think that it could have been sitting for a while. I dont know much, but I do know that when leave a truck for a while, things start to deteriorate fast (rust, etc.) Im only saying this bc when we tried to pull our old 73 chevy C10 out of the weeds after sitting for a few years, the frame broke in half. i know thats kinda drastic, but stuff could happen with floorboards, frame, etc. well, sorry to write such a long message, just wanted to give some advice, I think you could do better buying somewere else. Good luck with whatever you decide to do
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I would say it all depends on whos is selling what as to whether or not you should trust e-bayers. The truck doesnt look like it has 8" of lift to me or 38's for that matter. And as stated above, if he would lie about the lift and tires, he would lie about the condition of the truck. It looks to me like it has been sitting for a while. But then again, not all e-bayers are crooked used car salesmen. My brother bought a 79 K5 off of ebay with a 5" lift, rancho 9000's and fairly new paint job for $1250. The truck was as described when we picked it up, and the guy even threw in a cb radio, and all of the paperwork from everything he had done on it, including the original sales brochure. He said it had been in his family for years and it was hard to let it go. But I do think it would be a good idea to get a fellow CK5er from nearby wherever the truck is to check it out before you buy it.
    -Harrison

8. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I thought someone here already went and checked on this truck. They said it was a real POS. Do a search.

9. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

It was him...