Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ebay find what is this off of?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big83chevy4x4, Dec 18, 2003.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ebay find
    this guy said it came out of a 79 3/4ton chevy truck, but it look to new /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

the one I got I was told is off a 79 also. It looks kindof like that but it hasnt been painted. The rust on it is about the same.

Nick

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The only problem with it is that it has a slip yoke on the rear. A fixed yoke is the way to go.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The slip yoke says 80 or newer. Maybe it was a truck built late 79 and it was actually a 80 model.

5. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I'd say its an 80 cause of the slip yoke, like grim said. Not sure about what it would bolt to. That adapter isn't for a th350. Not for a 465 either, at least not the figure eight like the one I have.

Could it be a th400 version? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    It is a 3/4 truck, could be!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

so this would be a good canidate for a doubler /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I would say that its out of a 80-84 chevy because of the adapter and the slip yoke. And it was connected to a t400. Nice find as long as it don't go to high. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif And yes it is a good candidate for a doubler since it is the short female 32 spline input, as long as you can find or buy the parts cheap enough to convert it to a fixed yoke not a slip yoke