Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ebay ghillie suits

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by spincast375, Nov 7, 2005.

1. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Halloween is already over.

:haha:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had one several years ago that I used to duck hunt in hardwood bottoms. It worked great - like a walking blind. I made it out of netting and shredded material. Roll it around in the leaves and presto - you disappear.

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I have this one [​IMG]

Same companey you are looking at. http://www.ghilliesuits.com
    I uses it for paintball, works very well, I have no complaints. I can get some close up pics if you would like.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  5. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

When I went through sniper school we were required to make our own.... so if you arent trained this "kit" would be a good way to try one out,,, and better than buying a ready made one....
    there are a number of "good" makers of completed suits... they can get spendy and arent for the built not bought crowd

there are plenty of snipercraft sites on the internet... do a little reading to make sure what you are getting will work for you,,,

for example we used bdu's for the undergamnet shell... removed and or sewed up the pockets... made them double thick on the front for crawling etc... and then personalized them for our specific gear...

6. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Eveything you need can be found at Wal-Mart. Get a volleyball net, and some rolls of jute twine. I made and triangular jig with a cordless drill to spin the jut twine onto, then cut down the jig and presto a whole pile of 16" pieces of jute twine. A bit of clothing die and you have any colors you could need. Use shoe goo on each of the knots if you sew it to clothing.

I could get into detail but that gives you a rough idea.

7. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

yeah
    i think im going to go with one like what i put in that link, buy it apart and make it myself

thanks again

jw

8. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I'm still in the process of making my own... but I always seem to end up in the wrong season for it.... I have all my strings dyed, have plenty of cammies, but need to get a volleyball net... and when I think of it in fall, the nets are already gone from all the store shelves... I need to get a smaller netting though.... something like 1"x1" holes instead of 3"x3" holes...

9. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

I am sorry but that photo made me lol, You would scare the sh*t out of me if i saw you in the woods dressed like that :eek1: