Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ebay irritation...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Oct 14, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I won one of these bike covers a few weeks ago:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzu...582030300QQcategoryZ35580QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If finally arrived after more than 2 weeks. It's been on my bike since this freakin rain started last friday morning. I decided to check on the bike this morning just to make sure it was dry.

Nope. The tank is all wet, the cluster's all wet, and there are little puddles in the seat buttons, I'm sure soaking into the seat foam. When I ride, I'll ring it all back out and onto my jeans to make for some interesting commuting comfort (or discomfort), not to mention that snazzy wet-arse look...

I checked it a few days ago and the cover blew off it partially, so I dried the bike off a little and put the cover back on. I figured maybe it wasn't soaking through the cover, but there was some other mysterious cause throing water up underneath it...
    I was checking it this morning to see if it had dried while under cover since that episode a few days ago.

This freaking rots. I emailed the seller today, waiting to see what he says. Not like anything he says or can do will reduce the corrosion or make it start easier (it had been troublesome to start any other time it got wet).

Anyway... How's your day going?

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Hey Ratch, some of the feedback I see:

this product did not fit as stated, water seeps through, not happy...

jacket came from bangkok not U.K and very cheap material ,with one wash say bye

was not quite what i thought it would be but fairly quick shipping thanks

shipping slow but is coming from china could've got same thing at walmart

low quality item, not custom fitted, delayed delivery due to seller location

This guy also has a ton of good feedback, makes me wonder if most people are putting the cover over the bike in a garage and not outdoors. I don't know, 10 bucks and "Ships fom Asia" put up red flags for me. All you can do is try to get your bid amount back with a reasonable argument or chalk it up to experience.

You probably pay that much for a Milky Way in New York anyway. :D

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

We call the 401k "saving for lunch"... :haha: :haha:

Crap, now that you point it out, I remember reading those things along with the positives and telling myself "If it doesn't work out, I'm not losing a pile of cash"... I didn't really think it wouldn't work out, though... Ah well, I guess I should've known, caveat emptor...

Ah bummer. Now I have a wet bike and I'm out $25... :doah: :doah:

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well, you could always fold it up wet and ship it back. at least you'd get some satisfaction. :D

5. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

well, if it makes you feel any better, my $300 California Car Cover, the super breathable yet 100% water proof and UV proof NOAH cover I bought for my truck NEVER kept water out. It always seeped through, even in a sprinkling. After three years the UV ate it so bad it just disintegrated in my hands. They sent me another custom fit one free of charge which was cool, but not as advertised.

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

buy quality :D
    i bought a parts unlimited cover for my bike, kicked ass, totally water proof and damn near indestructible. Good stuff

7. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Even if it's water-proof, condensation will still cause it to get wet! :mad:

8. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

You need one of those bike cocoons. You know the bubble that is inflated with air.

9. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Cool you have a busa and commute with it? So does my friends dad. Besides that, since there so cheap, buy another one, double em up and maybe itll work, lol.

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

No, that was just the first auction of his that I turned up... I have a Kawasaki Vulcan, that I LOVE...

I've been thinking about a sport bike, though...

11. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

if you want a quality cover for you bike or just about anything else you need for a bike, for a good price, contact bruno3 on ebay, email is stickerworld@charter.com
    its my parents ebay store.

tell them TJ sent ya.

12. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Why have you had it covered instaad of riding it? Actually I am probably the only ass around here that has been riding his bike in this weather. I really need to get the Jimmy back on the road! I have been riding 30mi each way every day to the G/F's house... I just think of all the gas money I am saving and then I am happy again. Happy... and wet.....

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:haha:
    Happy and wet is right!
    I've been dying to ride, I'm itching right now to get out there and take a quick cruise, the sun's out for the first time in over a week...

I had a problem the first few weeks I had it where it would give me starting trouble and run crappy when wet. Plus, I'm a new rider, not experienced or confident enough to ride in the crazy weather we've had...

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Update:

The seller is giving me a full refund. :thumb: :thumb:
    He was extremely easy about it, so I'm guessing he sells a lot of these things, or he has a lot of problems...

15. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Good Job Ratch, way to stay after it.