Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ebay is getting irritating

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Dec 13, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

[RANT]

Well, ebay isn't irritating, but the sellers are.

I like to search this section:
    and maybe I'm wrong on this, but I go there with the understanding that I will be viewing complete, or close-to-complete vehicles for sale. I "search by distance" to find the deals close to me.

Now, the annoying stuff.

There is always some 'tard that lists a bunch of seperate parts for cars; not cars for parts. This is somewhat agrivating, but not too bad because I just skip right over the listings.

But lately there has been a new breed of 'tard listing items in the "parts cars" section. They will have a super-low price on the listing, so I open it up and find that the auction is for only the gas cap, and I can e-mail them if I need other parts. Hellloo!!! I need a complete parts car! Not just parts!

So, I find it a waste of my time to read about a gas cap for sale. Now, it's time to waste their time.

Here is a guy with a nice caddy for $10. Clicky I open it up and find out it is for only the rear view mirror, but he'll sell other parts if you need them. My question for seller: Can you get me a close up pic of the mirror? And is the ice cream cone air freshener included?

And here's a Ford truck Clicky ,but the auction is for only the glove box door. So I log in with one of my user ID's and ask for a detailed pic of the glove box door so I can see if it matches mine, which is broken. Then I log in with my other user ID and ask for pics of the t-case, D44, 9 inch rear, and the underside of the cab showing the body mounts.

I have no intention of buying any of these parts, but it sure is fun to waste their time... like they have wasted mine.
    Edit: So you don't think I'm a jerk, I would actually be interested in the Ford if the auction was for the entire truck.

And here is the cool disclaimer to use
    [/RANT]

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

eBay should mod those auctions. But they won't. Just have to find another way to filter. Why do you have multiple eBay Id's?

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

About 2 years ago I was really into CB stuff, and did a lot of buying/selling on ebay. I set up one ID to buy with, and another to sell with. This way people I bid against wouldn't hold grudges and ignore my items for sale, because they had no idea I was the same guy bidding against them on another item. I have only used one of them since then for all my buying/selling because I don't do as much on ebay as I used to.

4. 73k5blazer

I only ask out of curiosity. When I bought some H2 Tires/Wheels off eBay, I found the guy had 2 ids, and was bidding against himself. On this auction he started the bid at $400 for compelte set of H2 tires/wheels, brand new take offs, I bid with 3 days left, then, with 3 minutes to go, I was still the only bid, suddenly (as so often happens), I see a couple of bids in increasing $5 increments, stopping at $450. I still won (I bid $451.99). Not out of the ordinary certainly, but the $5 increment seemed just a bit odd as most people bidding in the last minutes just go big if they want to win. So I started looking at feedback, looking at other auctions he'd sold, and the same 2nd id appeared in many of them in the last minutes. Then, the mistake, he'd also used the 2nd id to sell something once (and left himself feedback, thats how I found it), and looking in the picture there, the house in the backround was the same as in the 1st id's pictures. I reported him to eBay, and got my T/W for $400.
    Ever since, I question those with multiple ID's. To easy to artifically raise your own auctions.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Yep, I watch out for that also by thoroughly checking the bid history of the bidders, especially if they only bid on items from the same seller. I never used mine for that, I'm too honest to rip people off. I always used a reserve if I felt I needed it, but rarely used it because my radios always sold for big $$$ anyway.

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Did you check for any bid cancellations in the bid history? Many times people will bid their own stuff up, or have a friend do it, until they outbid you. Then they will cancell their last bid, making you the high bidder at your max bid.

7. 73k5blazer

There were some cancelled bids on his other auctions, I didn't happen to notice that, but eBay told me about them in their final investigation findings. They also told me he'd already been kicked off eBay twice before under many other ids doing the same thing.
    I was a little nervous going in person to pick them up at his "shop" in Toledo, but when I got there only the counter gal was there, and a couple of tire-changers, and the transaction was smooth. Wonder what kind of business practices he uses.....

8. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Type in Dana 60 and see what pops up...

Dana 60 Dana44 NP205 NP203 9" Rock Crawler Chromo

**this auction is for 6 lug nuts off of a 1978 Bronco

For ****s sake....

9. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

That is my favorite search also. It just irks the sh*t out of me
    when douchebags do that. I'm looking for deals on cars or trucks and some asshat puts a listing for a freaking battery charger WTF.

10. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I saw some shiat like that about a week ago....was a wrecked S10, and I'm looking for an S10 body. I started reading, and it was for the tail light only.... WTF?!?!?!?!

"Tell me what you need, and I'll put up an auction for it...." That's retarded.