Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ebay Madness

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

This is just enough to make a normal man go postal.

On Nov 25, I won an auction for a air compressor. I had consulted experts on this purchase and for the price, it was right. So I consulted seller's feedback, everything good.

A couple of weeks ago, received a cheap friggin guitar from the seller. So okay, the wife makes the phone call, seller says keep it, the compressor will be shipped. This has been two weeks ago.

So last night, I find the info on the auction. Note, I won this under the wife's user ID so she had the info. I decide what the heck, let's look at the seller's feedback to see what's been happening in the last month. I was in shock. The first time I consulted the feedback during the auction, no negative feedback. Last night, more negative feedback than Bill Clinton's presidency. A lot of $$$ refunds, no receiving of items won.

So here I am, with mongo gift certificates to Harbor Freight, was gonna use them for some air tools to complement the compressor since the HF jerks discontinued the air/hydro ram so I got to save for that from another vendor. I guess I'll be holding onto the gift certificates until I know if I'm getting my friggin compressor and go down to the Wherehouse as see if I can't find some NWA with that gift certificate.

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So if y'all go to win an auction by seller <font color="blue">toolshouse</font color>, don't. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I used to buy a lot from ebay but now I'm not so sure. Seems that more and more people are getting burnt and there really isnt much that they can do about it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

This one has me bent the most since I spent the most and for us po boyz, the $$$$ is hard to come buy sometimes. And this was the answer to my long running tube bender fiasco.

This is the first time I've ran into problems, though it's only like my 5th auction won and my wife has won countless (I think I found the $$$$$!!) auctions.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I bought my compressor from Harbor and it was a cheapy and it works just fine. Only has like an 8 gallon tank but it does everything I've asked it to.

5. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

also check reconditioned ones at home depot or lowes
    they lower the price and carry warenty 1-2 years
    i got my huskie for 150.00 cast iron head and belt drive