Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ebay messaging; anyone else HATE it?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Nov 6, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I just got a message I had asked a seller a month ago. It was a time-sensitive question, and I was pretty annoyed that he never responded... Well it looks like he did respond, except it's in some stupid "message center" in "My eBay" that I never look at, not my email address where things like that have normally been since I started using ebay x years ago...

I hate eBay. It's the biggest bargain/ripoff/junk/quality merchandise store on the planet. And they change crap just for the sake of changing it sometimes. I swear it's just because some of their developers need to show they can do something now and then...

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I really hate the message center also. Sometimes I wonder where they come up with this crap? Ebay is almost on my list of favorite places to shop, right next to walmart. :mad: I usually don't buy from the big junk/crap drop ship type sellers, but from an individual close to me because most of what I want is too large to ship anyway.

One thing I really do like about ebay though: I will search for an item, like "Mustang" for example, then hit the "distance" button to organize anything for Mustangs by distance, starting with the closest to me. I just search down until the items are about 200 miles from home then stop. I also have a bookmark for "parts cars", organized by distance of course. The distance feature is also good for finding tires, axles, t-cases, motorcycles and 4 wheelers close to home.

3. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Wow, just took at a look at mine -- There were like 8 messages in there, lol!

I wonder if there is some way to make sure that ebay emails them rather than screw around with having that stupid message center...

4. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

the meassaging center works fine. it gives me a mesaage there and also forwards it ot my email. never missed an email from anyone. make sure you have your regular email listed as getting a copy

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The center works fine for me too, but I do think that eBay is getting harder to use by the day in some respects. It is not nearly as simple as it used to be.