Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ebay paypal purchase...strange

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by clarkjw24, Nov 30, 2006.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well I won an item off of ebay. I hit the pay it now button (as I always do), and it takes me to the invoice, paypal option. I click the paypal button, go through the usual step(pages) then I get a page that says the seller only ships to verified address. Well, I'm verified with over 70 paypal transactions. This page has my name, address, etc filled out but wants a credit card. I stop and think that I've never had to do this before and I'm not going to now, so I hit the back button. Go through the same steps again but this time it doesn't ask me for a credit card, it goes through like normal. Anyone got any ideas or had something similar happen to them?

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

No way I would send a credit card number to someone that I didn't trust. That's the beauty of paypal.

3. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thats just it. It was the paypal page asking for me to verify my shipping address by giving them a credit card.

4. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Something strange is happening with ebay.

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191508

I just changed both my PayPay and Ebay passwords. PayPal did ask me to confirm my account by entering a credit card number (it was PayPal, I made sure of it). Don't use that credit card, so I will know if anything is going on (same credit card for Ebay and PayPal)