Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ebay/paypal/usps rant / cry for help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DUKE, May 26, 2003.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

A while back I sold a PS2 on ebay. Everything went smooth untill one day the lady emails me and says she hasnt got it. Its been over a week and even I think thats a while. No problem I have the tracking number and its insured. I pull up the info on the web and it says where its at, no big deal. I give the # to the lady and forget about it. Another week goes by and she said it hasnt arrived. I look online, its in the same place now for 2 weeks. I go to the post office and they tell me that I have to wait 30 days before I can file for a missing package. I tell the lady. She complains to paypal and leaves bad feedback. Paypal launches an investigation and wants to know the tracking number and/or insurance to prove I sent the iteam. No problem I even scanned them and emailed them to paypal and the lady. Time goes by I file a missing package. I have to wait even longer for that to got through ( apporx 30 days ) I am in contact with the lady and her two emails a day ( i have them all ) and the occasional rant and threat. After time i get a letter from the post office that contains the to and from address tracking and insurance tags and my postage that has been torn off the boz. The letter says parts of a package with your name and address has been found.... Now I can finally file for the insurance, which i have to have proof of value and more bs paper work ( I thought if i pay to insure something for an amount thats the amount i should receive, not true) I hand it in and they say SIX WEEKS! All this time paypal keeps trying to take money from an near empty bank account ( accuring overdraft fees ) eventually paypal get my last 33 bucks. Yhe lady finally get the paper work and has to sign it, but WILL NOT because the post office mails me the check and she thinks that they should send her the check ( probably because it was insured for 400 bucks and she only paid 250 and shipping ) either way she sent me an ubserd email outraged that I am trying to screw her and she is going to the post office to sort it out ( ive had to spend HOURS in line and talking to post offive over the last few months ) I tell her, i insured, i paid for it, i have the receipts, I have had to do all the paper work, I get the check because thats how it works. That is the way that it was explained to me. Anyway I wish her good luck and let her go. Problem is the overdraft fees, my paypal accounf is essentially frozen untill i refund her or she cancels the complaint. I wanted to buy stuff from ck5 and i have ebay auctions to pay for and i cant now. She allready had 33 dollars of mine, and if i could pay the rest the crazy lady may not sign the paper work and I will be out the cash. F U C K !!!!!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks big time /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif wish i could help

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

2 seperate times I had USPS take over 60 days to deliver the item! Its rough proving you sent something after 45 days but to have it go missing for 60 days is bad!
    Luckly both people believed me and didn't leave bad feedback and they finally showed up with the day I shipped it clearly shown on the front /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Let her talk smack and act like a witch. She'll be eating crow when it works out. Then she'll look like the idiot she sounds like... make sure you send her photo copies of everything (even the check the USPS sends you) as proof! Paypal will look like fools too. Send all the proof to them as well. They might actually listen seeing how they obviously messed up... as for paying for other stuff. Just do the money order thing. I have paypal, and frankly I think they suck with their fees.... I plan to get rid of it...

5. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

thats the thing that really pisses me off, I did send every scan receipt letter everything to both the w(B)itch and paypal. Ridiculous.

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

NEVER EVER USE USPS for packages... I always use UPS... The very first time I used USPS they lost 3 seperate packages all at once. Took almost 6 months for me to get my insurace money and had to prove value and all that... In the meantime I had to purchase more stuff to send out to my customers so I was out the profit and the money for a very long time. I will NEVER EVER use USPS for packages again... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I never use anything but USPS for packages, and I normally ship 10 packages a week varying in size and weight. I've only ever had one problem. UPS I've had destroy parts and then deny insurance claims, Fed-Ex I've had them use boxes as baseball bats, etc. Fawking UPS and Fed-Ex /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]
    thats the thing that really pisses me off, I did send every scan receipt letter everything to both the w(B)itch and paypal. Ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw em both then I have to say.... if you provided that much proof, then they'll go off and contact the USPS and only look like idiots when they rant over it, and get a reply, but this guy is handling it because of the claim we can see he filed. If this woman is too big of a moron to figure it out.... and I'm not joking, offer something like the People's Court. If you got a ton of proof, not only will she look like a retard, she'll look like one on national tv.....

PS UPS and USPS have always been fine with packages for me.... it's FedEx that sucks. Three times with them, three detroyed packages... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

"Aren't they supposed to just write it off?" - Kramer
    lol

But on a more serious note, that does suck. I ordered a box and SUBS from canada off ebay and US customs took 28 days to check em and it took another 5 to get it to my house. I was so sure that guy screwed me over, but I never really complained or anyhting and finally they came.

10. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I'm still bein screwed my a guy from Redding California. He's a 111.00 richer, and i still dont have my flowmasters.

I've complained with ever org i know to complain with and no results. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. ChevyCaGal

12. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I Pm'ed him....Thanks a bunch! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. ChevyCaGal

Seeing how he's a retired cop, this could be interesting!

14. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

and this is JUST why i stay away from e-bay and all that crap.
    Grant