Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ebay recourse against false advertising?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 10, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Purchased a clutch cable on ebay through Cool Blue Performance, for my friend's mustang. Well it showed up and it is the wrong cable. Cable is for a Fox Body, and we need one for an 02. Problem is, my buddy that purchased it for me already left feedback and everything because for some odd reason he wanted to do it asap and I had no idea when I would be installing the cable. I finally got around to it today and as I said, it is wrong.

Ad says to include what year the car is when making payment, I am sure my buddy failed to do that, but they never asked afterwards. Also, I noted that the ad says right in the title "USA made" when the cable clearly says, "Made in Taiwan"....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979...tegoryZ33730QQihZ017QQitemZ270087347287QQrdZ1

Picture in the ad is of the 96+ cable that I need. Worst of all, her cable is REALLY close to snapping and losing her clutch completely. :mad:

Doing **** for others seems to turn to **** no matter what. Or maybe it is just me as of late? One person owes me money after the check they gave me bounced, the Bronco guy is "thinking about it", and now I have the wrong parts for my best friends car and I am really afraid it is going to leave her stranded somewhere.

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Get ahold of the seller, inform him/her of the problem and see what they are willing to do about it. Maybe mention the fact that the add is misleading etc.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I sent an email and called, thats my first step I realize, I just like to know the options beyond that, ha.

4. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

My bad.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

not bad, I had not called the place until a couple of minutes ago, ha.

6. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

if he paid with paypal file item not as discribed they will hold the funds adn battle the seller to make right dont owrry about feedback thats what the followup button is for :D

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Not sure what you can really do..you might be able to claim foul over the made in USA part...but if the year was not included they probably just gave you the most common one they send out, one for a fox body. See if they'll exchange, if not, go to Ebay about the ad being false about the Made in USA part and get a refund.