Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ebay scam

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ramjet gmc, Oct 30, 2003.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Dec 19, 2001

I have been looking at the Honda Rincon ATV and their are some scam going on and I will not fall for them most of the ATVs listed are from Italy and Austria even that they say NY OR CT they clam to have wed over seas or in the air force they want their money by western union and clame they are your family (so you have no recourse) I want to report them to EBAY but I can not find the contact clicky ---------look out for this

[ QUOTE ]

About the deal here are my details:
    this is my name:Robert Russo
    and adress for the payment:
    Street: Via A. Manzoni,
    No:96, Napoli,
    Zip code:80123,
    I will pay for the shipping fees and for ensurance in
    case of any damage during the shipping .I will mail
    you the tracking number from the package with the item
    so youwill know when you can recieve it.
    The fastest method of payment so we both can be
    satsfied is Western Union.For this you have to go
    personally at their office and make the payment from
    your name and adress to mine.From there you will get a
    conirmation in which will contain the MTCN(money
    transfer control number).After that you will mail me
    the following details:
    -sender first,last name and adress
    -the MTCN
    -reciever first,last name and address
    -the amount that you sent
    With all these I will go to an Western Union office
    and check the payment and if it is OK than I will make
    the shipping right away and also I will need your
    adress where you want the package to arrive.
    After the arrival you will have a 15 days period to
    try the item and if is not satisfactory with your
    needs you can send it back on your expense and you
    These are the details that you need for the deal and I
    hope that this will be the begining of a good
    partnershipp and I will be glad if you will recomand
    me to your friends for great bussines.

Im waitting your mail.

PS: I want to ask you to tell the lady from Western
    Union that this transfer is for your member of your familly, and not for a selling, because I and you
    will pay some aditional fees . I hope that you understand my concern.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    hank you for your e-mail. My name is Tammy Caraway and i am glad you are interested on my 2003 HONDA RINCON 650 4X4 W/PLOW.Well,i have to let you know the 2003 HONDA RINCON 650 4X4 W/PLOW is slightly used, and it has only 248 miles and a clear title.The ATV will be shipped from Vienna,Austria from here I will support the shipping taxes,insurance and handling via DHL and you will receive the 2003 HONDA RINCON 650 4X4 W/PLOW in maximum 3 days.The price that I hope to obtain is $3,500.00 US and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction. I prefer money order because in this way i will ship the ATV in the same day you make the payment, also I want to make this deal asap because I want to buy something else. I will wait your e-mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> this is a scam thank god i did not fall for it </font>
  2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Jul 15, 2001
    yup thats pretty bad /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3days my ass /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
  3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

May 31, 2000
    The fact that they are offering to pay the shipping throws up a HUGE red flag. It was gonna cost around $110 just to ship a 10-bolt open carrier (30 pounds!) from the US to the UK. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif So shipping a several hundred pound ATV would cost some serious bucks!
  4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Feb 20, 2000

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Feb 23, 2000
    There is a similar one going on through autotrader.com. My dad got this email (it's his truck that he was selling), fortunatley he knew better, one of my friends however did not (not sure what they were thinking) and they ended up owing the bank $10,000 because he deposited a counterfit cashiers check. Anyway, take a look.

"DESCRIPTION: 1977 CHEVROLET 1/2 TON, ,A GREAT LOOKER Chevy 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive. short bed. Chevy Bowtie bed cover, with Rally wheels &amp; new tires. Exterior has above average Black paint &amp; cowl induction hood to cover the 454 engine which continue on with headers &amp; custom stainless dual exhaust tubing with Flowmaster mufflers &amp; stainless tips New chrome bumpers protect this classic. A 3 speed automatic powers this very quick truck with has GREAT towing power if needed. Inside is in great condition with red interior recently completely replaced. Combine this with under 90,000 original miles on the truck &amp; you have an investment in the past &amp; future.

Your Message: Am an automobile agent of 10 years of experience and am based in west africa where i have an array of clients,one of my client has just recently placed a quote on your type of car,so i'll like to know if the price of $6995 at which you are selling the car is absolutely firm ,is the working condition of the car and also if you will accept a cashier check as a mode of payment.If you would I will want to restate clearly that i am a automobile agent based in Nigeria with long years of car experience and arrays of clients across the west African coasts. Towards concluding the entire deal and issuance of the cashiers check there is a slight problem which i believe should not be a problem if i can get my the message clearly to you. I want to let you know if you will be able to treat this accordingly and will want you to ask questions if you are not clear with my explanations. In order to conclude the deal as soon as possible my client has said he will only raise a cashiers check for the sales of the car and the entire shipping charges of the car from the united states to Africa. This means the cashiers check that will be sent to you will include the the money for the sales of your car , my commission as an automobile agent and the shippers fees for organising a home pick up service from your base down to Africa its new origin.You did not need to worry as my shipping company will come to pick the car up from your base for shippment to Cotonou ?Benin Republic in Africa .The reason for this shippment method is as a result of the age difference of the car which does not make it directly shippable into Nigeria where the car will be shipped to . What i want to clarify is that will you be able to send the shipping charges that i will pay to my shipping company and my commision back to me through western union money transfer method as soon as you get and cash the check and you deduct the money for the sales of your car? please your answer on this will enable me to issue a directive to my client on the need to raise the check and send it to you with out any further delay . If you agree to assist in this capacity , Will you please send your contact postal address where my client should send the check and telephone numbers so that i will instruct my client to send the check by express priority mail to you.In addition to this i will want you to give me a call on this number to further show your willingness to sell the car for my client and enable me address any questions that you might have +234-803-3957635. Regards, Smith.
    Sender's Name: gary smith"
  6. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Apr 26, 2002
    Ya, that faghead raghead from africa got a few folks from Pirate4x4 and there is a major long thread there about it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif