Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ebay seller jerk off

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Metrodps, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK as some of you know I am looking for a tan cloth rear seat for my blazer. So I see this auction for seat covers and they have front and rear in Windsor Velour. I sent them a question through eBay and got this crappy answer.

Item: 1991 GMC JIMMY Surefit Seat Covers (72) Bench buySAFE (8046934017)
    Do you have any pictures of how these look as I am trying to get as close to factory as I can. The seats in mine are tan/buck skin GM code 67
    Thanks
    Lawrence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Their reply to me was this..
    Lawrence,

Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures and we can't make these to look like your OEM's. All the fabrics and colors are listed in the auction. Thanks...

Dave
    ActionAutoPlus

So I sent him this email in return.

Dave,
    Unfortunately, since you don't have any pictures and do not seem willing to show your product. I must assume that as you stated your are so far away from an OEM's that they are not worth showing. As to the fabrics and colors being listed in the auction is like saying a seat is a seat. If this is the kind of answer you provide I am sorry but you will not be getting my money for front and rear cover or for a soft topper. I will share your email with the members of the CK5 forums. Thanks...
    Lawrence
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now I wasn't asking for them to make OEM I just want to see what I am buying before I buy. The colors they show all look faded so what ever happened to wanting to make the sell? They go by the name of Action Auto Parts and sell dash covers and soft toppers too so they lost my business.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not the "surefit" folks from here I assume?

http://www.saddleman.com/seat_covers/surefit/index.html

I bought my seat covers that brand (front only, at least at that time) for my blue seats, and while not exactly the right cover, the fit is pretty good. I think the K5's are pretty hard to find interior-colored covers that fit.

They seem to hold up ok, but I don't use my truck everyday either. But they've been installed say 4 years now?

3. Metrodps

I do not think they are the same company. The auction people were in Lafayette, Indiana, United States and it would of been a total of $108.51 for the cover.
    It just makes me mad that 1. They sell something but can't show you what it looks like.
    2. Does this look beige to anyone? [​IMG] Now that is actual size they show for comparison.

I called saddleman and they are sending me swatches of fabric. Now that is customer service! Thanks dyeager535 for the site. Will have to see if I go I will try to follow up. If I buy and put them on.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i've had Saddleman slip fit covers on several of my trucks, and "comparable" other brand slip fits. there's no comparison.

5. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Saddleman's rock.Had some in another p/up and they wear like iron.

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Personally, I think you kind of flipped out on the guy and sent him an unwarranted response.

7. SilverMiner

SilverMiner Registered Member

I'd like to also suggest Marathon Seat Covers, at http://www.marathonseatcovers.com/index.php)

They are the original founders of Saddleman, (http://www.marathonseatcovers.com/ourhistory.php) started in Bozeman Montana back in 1978. I've used them to re-cover untold numbers of company trucks, and have been extremely pleased for years. The fit is excellent, and the new Superhide covers will likely outlast the seat frames.

(Not a paid plug, just a happy customer)

8. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I agree. Anybody that does not make the effort to put together even a small catolog to display their products is not somebody I would even go to the effort of inquiring about doing business with them.

9. Metrodps

I have sold and bought off of eBay for seven years. I sold computer parts and have bought things from die cast cars and up to BOTH my BLAZERS and misc parts for my truck on eBay. BTW I have a positive feed back of 100% with no bid retractions.

As a seller you should at least be able to answer questions about what you are selling. I have had all kinds of questions asked of me when I was selling items. The guy didn't have a picture of the seat just a drawing.
    [​IMG]
    And if you think that was flipping out dude you haven't been in the real world for long. I also was looking to buy a soft top from them so it was like a total of $750.00 I asked a simple question and the guy seemed to dance the subject. Lets dissect this step by step​

1.) My question:

Do you have any pictures of how these look as I am trying to get as close to factory as I can. The seats in mine are tan/buck skin GM code 67

Thanks ​

I asked if they had a picture of the product they were selling. I also asked about the color because I was "trying to get as close to factory as I can".

2.)Their reply to me was this:
    Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures and we can't make these to look like your OEM's. All the fabrics and colors are listed in the auction. Thanks...

No where did I ask them to make them look like the factory type. I just wanted to get close to the color!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3.) My response to him:
    Unfortunately, since you don't have any pictures and do not seem willing to show your product. I must assume that as you stated your are so far away from an OEM's that they are not worth showing. As to the fabrics and colors being listed in the auction is like saying a seat is a seat. If this is the kind of answer you provide I am sorry but you will not be getting my money for front and rear cover or for a soft topper. I will share your email with the members of the CK5 forums.​

He stated "we can't make these to look like your OEM's" ok no problem there then why can't you show me what one for the type seat looks like? The colors are so small and you can't compare them. Kinda like seeing a truck at night and thinking it is black and in day light it is dark blue or putting on a pair of black socks at home then when you are at work notice they are (black and a dark blue) not the same color.

As for the saying they lost my money. I will pay more from another company that offers better customer care and they wonder why the person is from another country on the other end of the phone? That is why, poor customer service.

10. rjfguitar

:haha: Ha, now the pheries and unicorns walking by all the time makes sence!:p:

11. Mudgod

Mudgod Registered Member

I went through the same stuff a while back about a Jeep my wife was wanting to look at. The guy had lots of pics of it , buy the newest one where 6 months old. So, I posted up and asked for pics, and was informed by a few people that there was already pics that could be seen. Well, that was my bad because I didn,t say I would like some newer pics. So, I posted back up and said I had already seen those and would like some newer one, some the drive way, and not on the trails. He posted up and said that there where pics in the link I could look at. "?" I quit posting in his F/S thread then and sent him a PM and told him why I would not be buying his Jeep for my wife. He writes me back and said he didn't feel like taking pics just because someone wanted them, but he would be more than happy to take pics of something If I asked. Whatever, I can buy a blazer by just looking at the parts listed, but weman are different and need pics and change there minds often.
    It's like no one wants to make a sell. I not saying I would have bought that jeep, but it had everything I thought it should have.

12. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I don't think you over reacted either. It's amazing how piss poor customer service has become lately. Especially if you consider how competive it is out there with unbeatable box store prices, internet, Ebay, and an incredible used product infrastructure (Craigslist and others).

I ordered a disgustingly over priced roof rack (I'll post pics when it's on the truck) because I don't have the tools or skills to build one myself. I was buying it 'blind' because no stores had one in stock. The rep from Vanguard via email was incredibly helpful giving indepth descriptions and measurements and offering to send me pictures!

On the flip side I ordered from a shop nearby, drove the 1 hour plus in traffic to pick it up, foolishly took it home without opening it up and found it missing half the parts. I called the store and the guy's voice was dripping with "@%&* you". It is supposed to be settled today. We'll see.

So Cudo's to Vanguard and forget the local guy.

13. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

x2

Dealing with people who think their money is gold all day sucks. It gets old real fast. :rolleyes:

Then again, to me my money is gold and not feeling dealt with sucks too. :mad:

But I side with the seller, seeing as it's probably just someone paid to answer the emails, and he was told to say "the colors are on the auction" by the person who cuts the checks. Maybe you could have explained your concerns in a different matter, since it ALSO sounds like the answer-er didn't understand. :rolleyes:

14. rjfguitar

Here is the way I see it, EBAY is a bargain and off brand type place. It's not a place for customer service. It's a "self service" type place. When I shop on Ebay I don't expect perfect customer service and a guy to spend hours helping pick out a color, thats why it's cheaper than a retail store with the guy that will follow me around and answers any questions I have until it's time for him to punch out at the end of the day. When I hunt Ebay I know exactly what I am looking for even before I start to search and by the time I find the product, probably already know more about it than the person that created the auction. Research is a wonderfull thing, and saves me money by shopping on Ebay.

15. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I see your point with E Bay. Kinda. That seller, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't some Joe Blow just looking to clean out the garage and make a couple of bucks. The seller is running a business, sure he may not have a store front, or a sign that says open/closed, but a business none the less. Deal with your customers, like customers should be dealt with.

As for my situation, surprise, surprise :mad: the jerk off didn't put the order through on Friday so my rack wasn't in yesterday. I am fuming.

16. Metrodps

OK, you grow rice? You put a sack of seeds on eBay and say 50 lb bag of rice seeds. NOW being a green horn I only know there is a few types so I ask what kinda of rice seeds. You as a grower should know the type of seed you are selling! If it was billybobsmom as a seller not knowing yea. But not Shadyriverfarms as a seller not to know.
    The guy is a company or trying to look like a company multi auctions and not just starting.

Would you buy a tractor with a drawing of a tractor and it saying new farm tractor to be made to order when you choose color the colors are red, green, orange and blue. It will have a diesel motor and standard transmission.

17. rjfguitar

You make a valid point, the seller should indeed be able to provide some decent information for their product. It's really kind of a grey area, where does one draw the line as required info, where Ebay kind of lays, and full on customer support.

As far as your rice and tractor examples. I think that definantly the seller should be able to tell you what variety the grain is, but... if you were interested in buying a bag of rice from me I'd expect you to know a little bit about the product itself, the market for this product, and what you expect from the product.

In the real world (:wink1: ) salesmen in person can be just like the issues you are facing. You ask anything but about what color it comes in, and they have no answer except for "i'm not too sure." automotive salesmen are classic for this.:rolleyes: Thats another reason why I like Ebay, I know what I want, I know what it's worth, and I know the product the seller has. here's my money, send it to me and leave me alone.:haha:

Right now I am selling an item on Ebay, it is a data monitor that goes with a black box computer (generic read: "chip") for a diesel pickup. There are two parts, the "chip" that goes under the hood, and a monitor that goes inside the cab and just shows you data. I have people asking me on Ebay " how many HP and mileage gain does the monitor give you?" Come on people, go learn about what you are wanting to bid on.

18. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

I paid my bills with ebay sales for about 3 years. Profit is so little, idiocy is soooo rampant, and people demand sooo much it's rediculous. :rolleyes:

I used to sell memory on ebay for about 18 months. And by gosh, I had the nerve to charge a restocking fee and not pay for shipping if a person didn't ask me if the memory would work in their computer. I had one guy ask me if auction XYZ would work (say $50) and I say yes. Then he buys auction ABC (say $30) - to the layman very similar sounding specifications, but it wouldn't work for him. Unfortunately (and I did a few times) I didn't catch that the items didn't match up before shipping. He wasn't happy, so I cut a deal with him but didn't warranty it like it was my fault. :rolleyes:

I challenge anyone do deal with buyers on ebay for a long period of time, as income, day-in day-out, and not go insane, and not loose faith in humanity. :doah:

And as a side rant, you cheap b*stards, the used truck parts market went to shizzle on ebay, what gives!!! :mad: