Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EBAY Seller won't deliver

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by littlebubba, Nov 8, 2002.

1. littlebubba

littlebubba 1/2 ton status

EBAY Seller won\'t deliver

Just venting alittle, but was wondering Has anybody gotten burned by a seller on EBAY who won't deliver an item you won and paid for? Or just plain got stung on something off there that was not what the seller said it was? BEWARE EBAY is not much help in these matters. Good Scam if you can get away with it!

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Re: EBAY Seller won\'t deliver

I've only gotten burned once and it wasn't much money...it was still very iritating though. You're right about ebay not being a lot of help. It seems there is always that 5% of the people who are always tryin' to get something for nothing.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

If you mailed the check and it has been cashed then this may fall under mail fraud. Might do some research on that. Get a copy of the laws and mail it to this person.

4. YtseJam

YtseJam 1/2 ton status

Ebay has really gone down hill. It seems to be loaded with scams and they do nothing to help you get back your money if you get burned. Ebay used to have a lot of deals. I just looked on there and stuff was selling for more than it's retail price + shipping. Everyone seems to want to make a few extra bucks on shipping. Be careful of EBAY

5. littlebubba

littlebubba 1/2 ton status

I agree 100%. Try and contact them is like trying to get in to see the President. They claim they have no control over sales. I think they should adopt some sort of policy that if a seller is involved in a dispute or complaint over a sale, thier selling rights are suspended until resolved. But just like anything else in this country, EBAY is making thier money off the deal and won't do that.

6. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

who burned you?what product?so that no one else gets poped by the same person

7. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Hunt them down and kill them.

8. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

plane tickets are cheap do a people search hunt them down then show them a worthless 10 bolt rear and tell them how much the to have in common and how you despise the two /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

then beat him over the head with it till it breaks, one or two hits should work then take his truck tie him to it and see if he can get home with the 10 bolt as his rear axel! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You could sign them up for some gay magazines! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

bought a nash metropolitan on ebay with clear title paid seller within 48 hours with cashiers check picked up in az within 1 week get there and cant find title long story short took 2 months to get title after i got a lawyer in az to give him a call recived title not even in his name but it worked out ok if i ever buy any high dollar items i always pay with credit card your credit card co. will reverse charges pretty easy if the never send product. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

as far as ebay going down hill i would have to agree not many deals anymore ,and most of the people on there are the same lowlife dirtbags you see every weekend at the local swap meet just online now!!!

12. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

my wife bought something and was sent the wrong thing, seller said the right thing would be on its way, well 2 month later and endless emails...nothing

13. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I agree ebay is not the place anymore.
    For me the only time I would bid on anything is if it's local, and I can go meet the person and check the product before I bid.
    So far a couple of good deals and no problems.
    I didn't need to get burned, I saw my friends get burned.
    /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've never been taken but I have had to wait over a month before I've seen anything. Its honor system for sure.

15. Rusty68

Rusty68 1/2 ton status

I sent a Money order for a warn winch and multi mount. That was over 2 months ago. Guess its just slow in getting here eh? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Last time I buy somthing that I dont already have in my hands.

16. Randoony

Randoony Newbie

I whole-heartedly agree with agrezy1. Only pay with a VISA credit card and you are pretty well protected. The VISA Company is more than willing to switch the charges and go after the crook. Discover Card will treat you like the E-Bay people and tell you there's nothing you or they can do. If anyone knows a place better than EBay out there, I am all ears.
    Randy
    Honolulu, HI

17. Gary 86 K5

Gary 86 K5 1/2 ton status

I agree, the only way I pay for something off ebay is with Paypal. I almost got burned a few months ago trying to buy a set of camaro wheels. Almost a month went by and I didn't have the wheels or my money. I filed a complaint with ebay and it did nothing. Then I filed one through paypal and had my money back 2 days later. Hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif