Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ebay sellers?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Sep 11, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Anybody else sell stuff on ebay?

I just sold a motorcycle, a car, and an old computer. The motorcycle guy wanted to talk to me on IM before payment, never heard from him, I've emailed him, no response.
    The Car guy emails me to say he tried my cell and it's not working (although I get dozens of calls a day, and noone else has mentioned a problem). He's funny, cause he made me an offer outside the auction, I accepted, then he asked me how much I wanted for it...
    The computer guy won a few dys ago and hasn't responded yet.

WTF over? When I win an auction, I pay before I even get the invoice from the seller. What's this friggin delay with these auctions? I'm not talking big money, either, this stuff is going cheap! And the s**t is costing me money! $50 to sell the motorcycle, $80 to sell the car, $2 to sell the computer (ok, I'm not complaining about that one), and ebay is up my arse to pay them...

Can we have a little integrity?? Every auction I disclaim with "Don't bid if you won't pay, I will leave negatory feedback." I didn't want to, but I'm giving these truckers a few more days, then I'm roasting them in feedback. I'm out the listing fees no matter what, at least if they don't pay I can try to get back the final value fee.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I sell stuff all the time and for the most part it goes OK. Some people do take the full 30 days though to do anything. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Sounds like you got a few good ones in a row. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I've never sold any big ticket items bon ebay just because of that reason.

In general, I have had no problem with buyers. One guy wanted to bitch to me about how much shipping was - he was buying a cast iron part. Go figure, nothing cast iron could possibly be heavy.

My ebay pet peeve is sellers who never email you after you paypal them. How hard is it to let someone know their stuff was mailed? I had a computer cable take an excruciatingly long time to get ot me and I was thinking I may have been ripped off. I emailed the guy and no response...a week goes by, still no cable and still no response. Then a few days later it showed up and is in fine shape. Irritating.

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I sold a bunch of stuff over the summer. Only one deal fell through b/c he didnt respond back after a while. Those were my old side panels from my Jimmy too. haha