Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EBay. trying to pass a Ford D60 off as a Chevy D60...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uglychevyZZ4, Jun 2, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I almost freakin bid on this til I noticed the drop is driver side, I was gonna just bid hella high and be done with it, sure glad I noticed this, am i right here in my eyesight? if you notice the tierods always go to the outside, so that means that the drop is driverside!
    BUT... the one in the background looks like a Dodge /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    web page

2. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

Yeah I've been looking at that one too, but I'm almost 100% sure it's a Chevy and it's just upside down. I don't see any spring perches on it the way it is sitting. Also, the tie rod ends usually bolt in from the top, but this bolts in from the bottom, so I definitely think it's just upside down. Could be wrong though hehe

3. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

You said [ QUOTE ]
    I almost freakin bid on this til I noticed the drop is passenger side,

[/ QUOTE ] if it is passenger side then it is a Chevy. But yes this one is a Chevy that is upsidedown. Later
    -fLeXy K20

4. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

looks like a p side drop to me, look at the tie rod, its uposide down, so the axle is flipped, if u roll it, it will be a d side.

5. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I almost freakin bid on this til I noticed the drop is passenger side, I was gonna just bid hella high and be done with it, sure glad I noticed this, am i right here in my eyesight? if you notice the tierods always go to the outside, so that means that the drop is driverside!
    BUT... the one in the background looks like a Dodge /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    web page

[/ QUOTE ]

That IS a Chevy D60. It is just upside down.

6. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

That is a GM D60... just laying upside down. (The one in the back is also GM, rightside up)

Look at the shock mounts... definitely GM.

Look at the brakes... definitely not Ford.

7. uglychevyZZ4

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif ok, ya'll are right! its upside down. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    fawktard wants too much, i just tossed in a bid for 800.00 and it didnt even crack the reserve, even though its a BUY-IT-NOW for 875.00 /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    no way am i paying a pennie more for a dually, no way. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> So has anyone mentioned that it's a Chevy one, only upside down? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font>

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I don't think so. You might wanna......

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

That seller name "botec corp" has me wondering who this actually is as I've seen that name on eBay and some of the government auction sites.
    I've always wondered if that was someone associated with Boyce Equipment, but I do know on the government auction sites, Boyce has their username as BEPCO.

Anybody know who this "botec corp" is? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

man you had me going...I emailed him to see if I did the buy it now price if he would pay for the shipping... hes looking into the cost right now....

12. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Well lok at it, if it were rightside up you would go backwards because of the way the r&amp;p are set up.

13. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anybody know who this "botec corp" is? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have wondered that too. I have been outbid on a few D60 parts by them/him /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif But I did outbid them on something that I really wanted. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif They are buying and selling 60 parts all the time.

14. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    man you had me going...I emailed him to see if I did the buy it now price if he would pay for the shipping... hes looking into the cost right now....

[/ QUOTE ]
    ya, he told me $ 375.00 to ship to Seattle and he REFUSES to drive 2.5 hours to Forward Air dock, he wants to use some spendy place.so he can count me out, i can spend less local.

15. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    he REFUSES to drive 2.5 hours to Forward Air dock

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand his position. The nearest forward air for me is 2.5 hrs as well. Round trip 5 hrs, atleast 1 hr in metro detroit airport(never been there). He would blow an entire day and not get any $ for his time. For 6-8 hrs on the weekend I'd sell it locally for less and still be even, or drive less than 1 hr to a local, but more expensive, carrier.