Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ebay users! Have you noticed a search function being gone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Aug 6, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Thats right ebay yanked the regional search and replaced it with an items by distance... so now you can't see when an item ends but only by how far it is from you. PLEASE visit the forums at ebay, sign in (with your ebay account) and post post up, we need as many people as possible to hit this post to try getting the regional search back.

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jsp?forum=80&thread=410217649&start=0&msRange=40

my post
    http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jsp?forum=80&thread=410234437&start=-1&msRange=40

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

e-Bay did this in an attempt to stop people from bypassing e_bay, and just directly contacting the seller, in order to make the purchase.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

you could still do that but clicking their search feature about distance /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

But when you click by distance the list is closest first, its shown my distance not by time left in auction...
    the old way you click on your area and it showed items ending first... the new way is by distance only and you end up with items #1 ending in 6 days, #2 ending in 20 minutes and #3 ending in 4 days and #4 ending in 6hours... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I don't use ebay often, and every time I do use it there is something different to learn. Maybe that's why I don't care to use it often /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif