Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ebay what a ripoff!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 81K5GUY, Feb 19, 2007.

1. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

I tell ya every time I bid on something on Ebay I feel like the sellers call all his friends and have them jack the price up.My wife makes custom wedding and birthday cakes and has been wanting a new stand mixer for sometime.We didnt want to fork out the $300 for a new one so I searched around on Ebay and found a few and placed a bid on one.Th auction had been at $50 since the first day it opened and now since I placed my bid it has jumped up to $127 in only 3 hrs.I am still the high bidder and plan to goup to $150 but I just feel like im getting jacked .On several auctions before I got outbid only to be emailed and say the highbidder retracted their bid and do I want it for x amount of dollars (my last highest bid).I once got negative feedback because I placed a bid on a part and was outbid so I placed a bid on another identical part well the first auction closed and the guy that outbid me retracted his bid at the last minute so they say I won the auction.Well I had already bought the part I needd from the second aution.Sorry to rant but just had to vent!

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

If you really want it, don't bid on it till the last10 seconds.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

EDIT

Learn how to snipe. By bidding you drive the price up. There is no need to bid until the last second with the max amount you are going to spend.

But just make sure the last second bid you put in is for the max amount, dont just try and beat the other guy, youll get screwed.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I never ever ever bid on an item until the very last few minutes if not seconds of the auction. As these guys said, all it does is drive the price up. Great for a seller, terrible for a bidder. Someone bidding makes someone who was just watching suddenlly jump in. Or someone who already bid take action and do it again.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I watch the item till the last day..then wait till the last minute then bid.

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Bids can't be retracted during the last 12 hours now.

7. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Last second bid.:wink1:

Unless you're bidding on my stuff, then I need you to start bidding the first day.

BTW, there tons of people that "shill bid". They bid on their own auctions under different user i.d.s. There is this one guy that I've reported to ebay 3 times now but they say there is not enough evidence. Well I say horse****. I've watched him sell the same transfer cases, d60 and other truck parts 3 times to himself. Instead of paying for a reserve fee, or starting out what he wants for the items, he starts them at $5. Then when they don't go up to what he wants, he'll either end the auction or win the bid with one of his other i.d.s. I hate muther****ers like that.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep. Snipe it.

9. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

If I see something I want, I bid what I am willing to pay for it, when I see it. I will get an email to tell me I won or lost. I don't get into bidding wars. I am not going to spend the time trying to outbid someone at the last second, I have enough stress in my life.