Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ebay...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Feb 12, 2006.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

can can's post got me thinking.

ive never bought or sold anything on ebay. i have an account, look around on there from time to time, but im very leery about doing business with people on there, because i am afraid of getting scammed. dont have a paypal account either.

am i in the minority? how often do you do business on ebay?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

often enough. just bought my 1/2" impact on ebay. Never had a problem myself. Only sold a few things but bought many. I refuse to buy from people with more than one or two bad feedbacks and review each of them. If they have no feedback, it better be something big and close that I can go look at it and meet the person.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I've bought about 4 things, and sold 3 or 4... My friend at work uses my account to buy stuff, so my feedback is like 15ish...

I haven't had a horrible experience yet... I had some trouble with one lady, but once I looked up her phone number online and left a message on her machine I got my item pretty quick :haha:

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Ryan, you sound just like me when I started off. I have been looking on ebay for at least a year. We finally made an account in August and registered my moms bank and credit card. We made 2 purchases so far and they went well.
    You always have to be careful though. We've gotten quite a few scam emails trying to get our account info. though.

Just look at there feedback and there descriptions. If its iffy post up here and ask?

5. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

well, i never really want to buy anything, been looking for a 465 for a while, and a 205, but i keep looking for it locally, cause i dont want to pay upwards of $200 to ship it.

that and i have been looking for a 3/4 ton burb for a while. but i would never buy a vehicle unless i could go and look at it first.

i would much rather buy/sell stuff in the local paper.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've spent thousands of dollors on Ebay and made over a thousand on Ebay. Pay-Pal has a buyer protection. Out of all the stuff I've won on Ebay, there has only been one time I didn't get my item. That was a DVD I paid a whole $4.25 including the shipping.

7. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Never sold just bought. I don't have a pay pla either I just send MO's and have never had a problem.

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

E-bay virgin!..

I've never bought or sold anything on E-bay,and I've been online for 5 years!..every thing I have any interest for is usually far away,and shipping kills the sale..plus it sounds rather complicated to use,I don't like auctions,I'd rather just say "30 bucks cash",and SELL it ,not wait a week or more...

I prefer Craigslist,its easy to use,people pay cash if requested,and usually come right to your place and pick the stuff up..it deals with local people,or at least those within a reasonable distance,if its something I'd want to see before I buy,like a vehicle or parts..I sold my plow setup and som rims there,made 350 bucks..my 79 C10 might be listed there next!..:crazy:

10. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

11. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I do a good bit on ebay, no major problems. Selling, I had 1 thing get lost usps, and another destroyed ups. Buying, no problems yet.

Not 3/4 but I was bidding on this!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4611942210&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT

12. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

looks like a good deal, wonder what the reserve is?

and im a little scared about the shaved 14ff and the 5.13 gears turned down.

13. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't know. The resale value of the parts is well over $3000 I would think.

14. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

pretty sure ive seen that truck running up and down 26.

too bad it doesnt have a 465

15. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I have baught and sold only a small handful of things and have not had any bad experiences. When looking to buy, just take your time and search extensively.