Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ebay

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cusm, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

ebay SUCK @SS!!!!
    Sorry have to vent. I just got outbid by $2.50 with 2 seconds left while I was trying to increase my max to well over the "winning bidders" bid. This is bullsh!t! It would not let me place my bid then the auction was over when I tried to do it again.

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. It's better when you have a fast connection and open two windows of the same auction. You just hit refresh (F5) every few seconds in one, and have your new bid ready to click on the other. While keeping on top your "refresh window", Alt-Tab and then Enter will place your bid in less than one second.

Sounds like two guys in the old west looking who draws quicker.

Good luck.

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

3. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Or, just put in the maximumm you are willing to pay the first time. [​IMG]

That's because I'm the devil.

4. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

5. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Any of you guys trying to outbid me on the RARE unbuilt early 70's blazer.? It just passed 60 Bucks.![​IMG]

I'm getting a litle bit addicted to that site also.[​IMG]

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>

6. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Yeah just bid what you are willing to pay. A lot of people just bid to bid, or to drive up price.

7. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

Actually that was what I was doing prior to the auction closing, but ebay WOULD NOT allow me to do so, then the auction ended as I tried to do it again, and they allowed someone else to win and outbid me by $2.50. I was going to raise it to the max I would pay, but not being able to do so while the auction was still active is what I was complaining about.

8. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Best thing to do is place your MAX bid about one minute before the closing of the auction. You don't want to place several bids at the very end.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chriswhitley.com>www.chriswhitley.com</a>

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

This is good insight... I'm selling my dad's old caddy, and started the bidding waaaaaay too low, and now it looks like nobody's bidding, but everyone is emailing me questions on it... Hopefully, it will jump up the $1500 I shorted it in the one day left...

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **K5 - What more is there to life?**

10. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

boycott ebay...if i had a dollar for every time someone comes by and outbids me at the last minute even if my max was fifty dollars or more higher i'd have a lot of dollars... funny story, i actually one a bid for a factory indash tach for my blazer dirt cheep so i pay on that pay pal and of course tell the guy to pack it well and insure it. well when i got it, i got to looking at it and thought man this looks funny and i don't remember gm ever putting a 6grand tach in here. so i pull it apart and find that its a fuel gauge with a tach face on. i was pissed. ..but i got lucky and the guy gave my money back...and the moral of todays story, don't trust strangers, politicians, clowns or the cooks at mcdonalds...

11. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

More than likely the culprits are using bid sniper. It is a program that outibids the current bidder just seconds before the auction ends. Even if your max is set higher, ebay doesn't have time to up your bid. You can buy bid sniper off of ebay also. It will actually help you get stuff cheaper, since you don't have to volley back and forth over higher bids, you just bid a couple of seconds before the auction is over and voila!! It's kinda cheating, but lots of people do it.

Diesel

Everything's bigger in Texas!

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Dang, people "cheat" at everything! LOL. I hate getting outbid.. That auto bid stuff sure does suck!

"I see, said the Blind Man to the Deaf Mute who was walking a dog with no legs!"

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

13. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

stinkin commies, well that sniper thing might explain a few things.....

14. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

That would explain a lot.
    I would not be so pissed if it had not been such a bargain. These were grey seats from a '96 Suburban, non power and w/o the console. The final bid was $192.50, the cheapest I have found them in town is $450 w/o the console. And now I can not even find them anywhere in town. I have had my d@mn IRS check for a month trying to find some in grey w/o luck, or they wanted $600-$700 for em. If anyone has a set for sale cheap drop me a line.

15. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> THE ONLY WAY TO BID ON E-BAY IS TO BE A SNIPER !!!!!!

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

16. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

**UPDATE**

Just got an email from the saler and the damn sniper backed out, so I guess I get my auction after all. I am also thinking that the saler may have been trying to get the bid a little higher since there was no reserve, I know I have heard of people having their friends do this to make them more money.
    I am just glad I happened to send the saler an email letting him know I was interested. Not too much longer before interior is completely redone in grey, YES!!

17. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I never bid till the last minute, it keeps the price down.

Theres nothing like fiddling with my Jimmy! 1984 GMC Jimmy 379 diesel, 700R4, 3.73s, 31 x10.50 x 15

18. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Now, why did I have to read this post? It reminded me of checking out ebay and....

look what I bought!!! <a target="_blank" href=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593192706#BID1>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593192706#BID1</a>

Now let's see how long I take to pay my credit card bill [​IMG]

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]