Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ebrake on tcase

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big83chevy4x4, Nov 30, 2002.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Im thinking about making a custom parking brake. Put a disk on the rear out put of the tcase. Is it hard to swap the yoke for a flange like the front output has? where could I get one that will fit a 205. Also what caliper should I use? I just plan on hooking it up to the stock pedal. I don't want to use a cv joint on the rear shaft. Its going in a long box truck. is it posible to just use the one end of the cv joint and put that on the u joint and then just bolt it up like the front shaft? Thanks TJ /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

talk to or check out 1fnhik5 web page. i think he did it if i remeber correctly. someone correct me here if im wrong.

nathan

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd like a parking brake like that. I'm going to springer supension in the rear, and there is no way that I'll be able to use the regular parking break. Only I'd like to put it on the pull up handel type like in most small cars, so I can clear up the kick panel area for if I decide to install some q-form speakers pods.

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I used Jess' 205 e-brake setup from high angle driveline. I still haven't gotten the cable hooked up yet but it is all quality stuff. The only drawback is you also have to use his 1-ton CV driveshaft which drives the price up.

If you want to do it on your own you still might want to talk to him to get the caliper.

5. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

There are other mechanical calipers out there besides HAD's, lots of them. Google search "Mico" and/or "mechanical calipers"