Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ebrake problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Muddytazz, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

After installing the lift on my burb over the summer, i got to noticing that when its parked on level ground the ebrake cables are almost fully stretched /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif giving no room for flex. They(there's one on each side, the split is right behind the tcase)go to a 12B. Is there anyway to lengthen them (without removing them)?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

anyone??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Ok, my setup on my 12B is i have a ebrake cable going to each rear wheel.
    [​IMG] Drivers Side

[​IMG] Passenger Side

These cables that run from the bracket to the backing plate are the spring covered coil looking covers that the actual cable runs through. New idea I have is, can you buy these in different lengths? If not, i'm gonna have to figure out something else cause they only have about 2" flex to them and they are tight and i still want them hooked up.

4. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

5. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

When I did my lift, I took the brake cable to a local wire rope company and the put a new cable inside the steel housing. The new cable was about 6" longer than the factory cable and was about $12.
    Wait, now that I look at your pictures again, yours is different than on my '90. It doesn't look like the mod I did on mine will work on yours...