Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ECBB 01 Information Comments here

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by 79Stomper, Dec 12, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Will take comments or suggestions as to the information provided in the other threads. I plan on canvassing for sponsors and donations for a raffle that will take place. There will be a charge for extra raffle tickets and looking at proceeds of Registration/Raffle will go to an organization that supports our sport and reinforces the tread lightly moto.

COMMENTS?????

Sorry about 4 different posts on same subject but they are limitied to liek 10000 characters per post. I would have posted it in one thread but didn't think about it until I posted them all .

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

you are a sexy man...

YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

any dates yet? i have family in NC so i could use that as an excuse to go up their if the timing is right.

4. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

You are the man! Good job. You did get my PM, right?

5. 79Stomper

Sorry. I forgot to post the dates along with the information.

As of now I am looking at April 15-17th.

Will meet up Friday Afternoon and have a social/dinner and raffle winners announced.

Begin wheeling on Saturday. I am contemplating having a breakfast but would like comments on that.

A more detailed schedule of events will follow when I have time to sit and hash it out.

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Man, this sounds great!!

The only suggestion I can think of is a get-together on Saturday night (bonfire type thing, maybe?). I know, for myself anyway, you can't spend too much time hanging out and talking about this stuff. It would probably be a good opportunity for the people arriving Saturday to meet people as well.

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'm up for whatever you decide. We just drove down to Asheville over the weekend and found a house in Fairview, NC (119 miles from Tellico)
    For people traveling, I will have 3 acres to stay on if needed before heading to Tellico...if all goes right. We are supposed to close on our house Jan 20th

8. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm prob gonna go a day or two early and maybe stay until monday. I'm not sure but I think that the Spring Grand Rod Run in Pigeon Forge is that same weekend, so I'm gonna take some time to check that out. Its suppose to be a large scale cruise and burnout fest. We'll being staying in a hotel. They'll be about 8 of us counting my two kids. It will be my youngest son's first birthday and my BD that weekend. Anyone got some 30 spline front shafts (10 bolt). I may need some extras.

9. 79Stomper

That will probably be my plan as well. Go up a day or two earlier and stay a day later or so, but for no specific reason except to wheel. I figure if I break my truck and not able to get it home, my brother can bring his trailer and truck from Knoxville and pick it up and take it to his house for a while. After this run my schedule is looking pretty busy for the next year and a half so going to have to get it when I can get it.

10. clarkjw24

I can prob get a gooseneck that will hold two. Think it would be a good idea to bring it instead of my single carrier? I may do that anyway. I don't think mine will fit on the single once I put the new tires and rims on it. I'd have to drive over the fenders.

11. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

Great job Stomper, Ill be there hell or high water

12. clarkjw24

Which campgrounds are everyone looking at. I've called a few and got some prices but want to be where the majority will be staying.

13. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

my vote would be crawfords

14. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

someone should also try and contact a magazine so they can do a shot on the ride

15. nvrenuf

So is Friday night the only social event or will there be stuff Saturday (night)? I'm still not sure if I can make it but you never know. Any word if Steve F or Stephen W might be interested in coming?

16. 79Stomper

Will probably have a bon fire or something on Saturday night in the campground. I am plannin gon it being just an informal get together so we can all sit around and tell our lies and such. Right now I am going to stay in Crawford camp. I am awaiting a response from the owner about reserving so many spots there and getting a group discount of some sort (will have to use my people skills for this). It is one of the closest to the trails so that is where I will be staying. I have sent a PM to Steve F but with no reply. I have received a PM from a few out west who are looking at coming out but not sure with EJS being a few weeks prior to ECBB.
    I have thought about contacting a mag but I want to know numbers so I cam propose numbers and stats to them as a selling point to come out and see what we are all about. Stay tuned for more information.

17. 79Stomper

Bad News

Well, I got some bad news today at work. I have recently changed units within the Marines. Well come to find out today I will be out at sea for the time I have planned for the ECBB. As of now I will still continue to plan but would like for a few people to head this thing up, take over and continue to march with what I have started. It WILL take a few people to do this and be coordinate there efforts. I have considered moving the dates but that wouldn't be fair to everyone just to convineince me. If I can please get a few volunteers and I will brief you on what else needs to happen. I have done all research on my own and it will be easier, logistically, for two people to execute plus will give you a "check and Balance" to make sure everything is done correctly and legally.

Volunteers........??

I am really PO' about not being able to make it but duty calls and I will be on the Ocean Blue.

Sempr Fidelis
    James

18. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

ill help and when do you get back

19. nvrenuf

How far would you have to move the dates? It would suck for you not to be there since you've put so much effort in to.

Did I mention I can't make it that weekend either. :whistle:

20. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I can try to help out some too..if I can. If all stays on track I will be living just south of Asheville, NC in 1 month (closing on our house). I'm also going to pass this info over to a buddy on the Pirate board. He too lives just south of Ashevill, NC and have for a few years. He may have some connections to help us out

Bryan