Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ECBB Tellico bound

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clarkjw24, Apr 20, 2005.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm gonna finish packing up tonight and I'm leaving in the morning around 9:00 AM. I'll be staying at Crawfords camp in the large cabin (look for the PS 4x4 crewcab dually/gooseneck, red 2004 1500, white D250 van and my nekid K5 on 42s. I'm bringing the family and some friends and hope to be there by 4:00 or 5:00. I'm coming from SC so I'll be rolling up I26 into Ashville then down southwest to Murphy. In all it will be my rig, a bud's stock 1500 (don't ask), and we're bringing a couple of 4 wheelers. I'm going to take the kids on the easy trails Friday morning. Just wondering who's going to be there. I guess of those who show we'll all get together and try to plan out the days events. Maybe see who's willing to brave which trails and group up accordingly. I'm going to be there so if you know your coming maybe you could post up with a date and time so we can wait/plan for your envolvement. I'll print this post before I leave in the morning and if you decide at the last minute give me a call on my cell 843-307-1774. I hope to see many of you there. :xmas:

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

We should be leaving Asheville Friday early afternoon and stay Friday and Saturday night. Not sure if we will be wheeling on Sunday. The anti-wrap bar and rock sliders are done. Gonna do my hydro assist and rear shock mounts tonight. Anything else we get done will be a bonus. Just have to keep my friends friends from coming over and distracting our work in progress :mad:

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Git 'er done!

Well, I wish I'd a thought yesterday to get my rear drive-shaft off the K-10 shortened. Got every thing else done and "Bong" .........dang it, I forgot about the drive-shaft length.:crazy: Oh well, supposed to be ready tomorrow afternoon. Won't get the winch wiring done, but with all the other wheelers around "I ain't worried".

Test drove the 208 conversion up the road I live on. Worked great in front wheel drive! :waytogo: Left a little red line up the road and back. Easy to find my way home that way! :cool: And the low range is alot lower than the 203 was.

Was planning on leaving tomorrow evening, that changed. Now I'm leaving out around 3:00 PM Friday. Me wife and kids and are staying at my Sister's in Andrews. We were going to the campground Friday night, but I guess we'll just visit with Her Fri night.

I'll have the CB on Ch-19 on the way up from Hickory to Andrews via I-40 and from Andrews to Tellico.

What time y'all forming up Saturday??? :confused:

4. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't know what time we're getting started Sat. Thats why I'm trying to gather up the men now. Bring your winch wiring stuff with you Dontoe and maybe we can slap it together Friday night.

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Uh................I don't have a tandem axle trailer.

It's installed on the '73 Blazer. I ran 1 gauge bumper to bumper and the rear battery box and isolator. Not hard at all to swap, just time consuming when ya do it right. I'll just leave the winch at home, it's a receiver mount.

Thank's man for the offer of help.

Just worked almost all day Monday trying to fix the 203 then gave up, all day Tuesday and half of today pulling the trans and TC out of the K-10 and swapped them into the '75.

I hate rolling around in gravel !!!

6. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Take pics!!! please for those who can not make it

7. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Here is my current status...

New driveshafts in, so it gets exhaust tomorrow (neighbors will be thankful!).

I drove it up the street for the first time tonight. Kinda freaky....I guess I need to figure out someway to set the toe-in (on both axles :crazy: ). I still have some fender trimming, mount the winch, tow rig oil change and trac bar install. Nut and bolt the whole thing, and various other odds and ends. It should be all done by tomorrow night, and we are planning on heading that way EARLY Friday morning.

Silver Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins with the White Baby Blazer on Rocks and 42's on the Gooseneck.

I still dont know where we are gonna stay. I am going to try and stay at Crawfords, but he may be booked.

BTW-we will only be doing LIGHT trails at first on Saturday....I dont have any idea what the new truck is gonna do/break/rock-on or what. So, you stock-ish guys keep that in mind and maybe we can do an "easy" run the first day. We are planning on wheeling Sunday too.

Lookin forward to seeing/meeting everyone.

Rob

8. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

as of now Ill be there fri night and as of now I cant find a trailer so Im driving the bitch up there I excited about that :surepal:

9. 79pen

79pen Registered Member

where looking good on the home front over here . got the winch on last night. got a few more little things to do . im heading out of here fri night around 6 so itll be late night early moring when i roll up . bout a 7 hr drive from here in V.A. look for a blue avalanch with a black blazer on the back.
    cant wait!!!!

the pen

10. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Okay rob I figure we could do a fri night run on lower 2 to get a feel for your new rig :cool1:

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Timmay just sent me an IM...

"Last Call For Tellico..."

so i guess you'll get the "pleasure" of meeting him in person. :haha::haha:

12. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

:grin: .....

Kieth, where are you staying?

Rob

13. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I will be at Crawfords. Green Blazer with 36 swampers :laugh:

14. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

Damn this is depressing…we should’ve been pulling into Crawfords sometime today but the wife got canned from her job a couple of months ago so here I sit. To top it off I have to skip out on a trip to Clayton Ok. next weekend because of my job.
    Think I’ll just set my truck on fire and watch it burn since I can’t seem to get it off the local “trails”.

Y’all take tons of pics and somebody drink a beer for me when you get there.:thumb:

15. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

what happened to the 42's :confused:

16. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I'll be there saturday. Planning on taking lots of pics. I'm riding a quad so I hope to have a chance to catch all the action :grin:

17. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

oh yea 42"s :D beadlocked and grooved :cool1:

18. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

I drove the Blazer to the exhaust shop this morning.....A little squirrely!!

I guess I need to figure out how I al going to set the toe-in on the 2 axles.

Still looking at leaving in the morning.'

Keith...get back to work!!!

Rob

19. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

just found a trailer to rent so I be there in a 2003 GMC pewter truck, pulling an ugly k5 on 40s :D again Ill be there around 7 or 8pm friday :D

20. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I will be there for sure now. All this week except for Wednesday night (Sun-Thu night) my friend and I have been busting ass to get everything finished. I was almost ready to call it quits last night about 2am. My steering has always felt a little funny but last night it came to a head. We had just got everything for the hydro assist finished and filled the pump. I started turning the wheels to get all the air out of the lines. I looked out the window as I turned the wheel all the way left...tires were all the way left. Turned the wheel all the way right and they barely went past center. Then the steering wheel kinda gave way and started free spinning :blush: ..NOT GOOD. Something inside the box broke. I said F%_# it and was ready to just go home. MY freind wouldn't let that happen...SO....we went outside to his military truck and unbolted his WTO steering box and Borgeson shaft and put it on my K5. Hydro assist KICKS ASS. With the big bolck motor and 39.5" Iroks sitting on the ground I only have to use 1 finger to turn the steering wheel and that's with very little effort. Just have to go load it on the trailer and we will be on the road. I'm aching everywhere and have a bazillion cuts on my hands. and after 2 showers I still feel like I took a bath in power steering fluid. Hopefully by this time tomorrow I won't care :D