Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ECBB Thoughts

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by 79Stomper, Jan 11, 2005.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

All right. Have been out of town the last week due to a death in the family. Was thinking about a few things. Being as this is the first official ECBB how do you guys want to do this? I was thinking about this. Friday night have a cookout and wheel Saturday, with a bonfire that night and dinner fo your choice. What I would like to see is we all bring what we want to eat ( bring your own food). This will eliminate sending in money to purchase food and such.
    Would like to see this as just a casual gathering of members from the area and nothing really formal. Just an inforamal gathering.

What I am looking at is cost. I don't want someone to think that I or someone else took their money. Food is not going to be an exact cost so there may be some left over. Where would that go? To eliminate this, bring your own food and such and thus will eliminate the exchanging of money for food and such. Plus I am sure not everyone will want to eat and such and there are some picky people out there who won't eat other food. This is just my thoughts on the subject and would save someone from dedicating their vehicle as food only for transport to Tellico or while at Tellico. I will be bringing a big cooler 100 qt (I think) with me with ice if beverages need cooling down.

I would like some assistance with some pending things if you want to give me a hand just PM me and let me know.

Let me know what you think.

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Say man you making fun of my diet :grin: BYOF sounds like a good idea to me, some people may want to eat in a resteraunt, no bigie, I would say set the date that most people can be there and lets go, we are or should be grown folks that can take care of themselves. I want to wheel it but i also want to crawl all over every other rig there for good ideas and cool stuff, and then sit around a fire and BS for hours, thats always been my favorite thing, friends, storys and getting on each other about who almost dropped the duece first on some rock or something :thumb:

3. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds great. So we setting the date and staying at Crawfords? Let me know if I can help. We prob need to come up with an event logo or something. I may know someone that could do this. :whistle: I may could even have event decals made.

4. 79Stomper

Date has been set. Yeah would be cool to have some logos and such. See what you can come up with and maybe a price or something for the cost of them. Wouldn't mind having them like on a magnet back so they can be moved or something........:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Someone swinging by and picking me up? :whistle:

6. clarkjw24

For gas money. :D

7. sapper

I'll come get you, we just have to install your old cage in my truck when i get there :thumb:

8. 79Stomper

Well then I will make the fire this time, since it kicked someones butt last time we went.:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

9. sapper

Must have been you and the quart of oil you put on it :blush:

10. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Bit cheaper gas

I visit family there around Murphy a few times a year and always run down just across the Georgia line to save (normally) 10 cents a gallon on gas. Think it's the tax difference. Anyway it's 5 miles west of McDonalds, out Hwy 19 to the Ranger flea market. Left at that stoplight south on 19 about three miles.

I'll be staying at my Sister's in Andrews. Hope to drive up Thursday and back Monday. Planning on bringing my two canoes and doing that Friday morning. Valley river probley. We did the Hiawasse two years ago and got rained out twice since trying to do the Valley. Great fishing on both.

11. dontoe

Cookout Friday and dinner Saturday sounds great. Where abouts would that happen and is it kid friendly or should they stay at me Sister's?

I'll be draggin my single axle 6X12 lowboy trailer with the canoes up to Andrews. I can leave the canoes there and haul supplies and stuff if needed. It is limited to 3000 lbs though.

12. 79Stomper

Right now all events will be held at Crawfords Camp Ground. Yes it will be kid friendly as I will have my three there and a few other memebers I know of will have there kids there as well so bring them on. For the cook outs remember to bring your own food so that you can cook it. I will have a few grills there for all to use.

13. dontoe

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Who's bringing the beer?:grin:

15. 82dieselburb

82dieselburb 1/2 ton status

I'll be there for sure.My goal is to get my Jimmy crawler done by mid March.That way I will have a month to work out the bugs.It will be my first trip to Tellico .I can't wait to ride on some real trails.There is no mountains in Florida:mad: I will be there from Thursday afternoon to Monday.I'm going to call crawford's and reserve a small cabin .How many trucks are commited to coming?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 95 DAYS AND COUNTING:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

16. clarkjw24

There was 20 voted on a date. However there will always be people that can't make and others that will decide to come at the last minute. I'm pretty sure that there is about 7 to 10 already made reservations at Crawfords camp.

17. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Okay this post has been dead for over 2 weeks. Who's not going. I have been working like crazy to finish some things up that I wanted to change. Is there a rough count of who's going?

18. dontoe

Still top of my list. Vacation time approved. Just had to budget more for petrol!

19. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Trying like hell to make it.

All i am waiting for is my front ram, then the rest of the things should go fast.

Rob

20. clarkjw24

I'm packed and ready. :xmas: