Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Echobit flip and 4" TC ez-ride's???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coyle13, Jul 23, 2003.

1. coyle13

coyle13 Registered Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Echobit flip and 4\" TC ez-ride\'s???

I just bought a bone stock '91 in excellent shape with 225/70/15 Michelin car tires on it. I am almost ashamed to drive it. Plus, the tires are brand new $100 Michelin car tires! What a waste. Maybe I can stuff them under the wife's Jetta.
    Anyhow, I have some cash to start the build-up. I want to run 33" and a small lift, like 2-3". Problem is I have alot of things I want to do with my limited funds. I need bushings all around, would like some HD shackles, new shocks, a lift, swaybar disconnect, ties and wheels, etc.
    How would an Echobit flip and 4" front springs sit? Wouldn't that extra 1 1/2" in the rear help level the vehicle at 4"? Anyone try this?
  2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Sep 7, 2001
    Re: Echobit flip and 4\" TC ez-ride\'s???

Sounds like you picked up a nice ride!

Blazers usually sit a little low in the back. It really depends on the condition of your rear springs. The average blazer with a full tank of gas, top on and loaded with trail gear sits right around level with the flip.

I remember when mine was lifted 4" front / shackle flip back on 33's. It was a capable all around rig!
    ----> http://www.echobit.com/featured/borregok5/borregok5-trail.shtml