Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Echobit flip owners

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, Jul 14, 2004.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I am wanting to make my own similiar to the echobit style and I was wondering if when the suspension moves does the echobit flip move or does just the shackle move??
    Thanks
    -Chris

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The flip is not supposed to move.

Some of his later ones did because they were poorly manufactured.

Mine has never moved.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Mine stays put as far as I know . The shackle moves freely . I have never let anyone flex it while I watch though . Gonna have to get some video of it . If you make yourself a set and it works out , I'd love to see it . I have almost 5,000 miles on mine already since Feb (bought off a member new in box) and no problems /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. 85mudblazin

ok so does the support that is inside of the echobit flip sit on the bottom of the stock hanger, and if not how much of a gap is there??
    Thanks
    -Chris

5. pauly383

Let me pull my pic . EDIT : the bushings on top are wrong size made to fit , all I had . Your WILL NOT look like that

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 85mudblazin

[​IMG]
    How does the support sit in the flip is like the yellow line or the white line??
    Do you think you could get me some measurments??
    The first one that I need is the one shown in grey.
    Thanks alot.
    -Chris

7. 85mudblazin

[​IMG]
    Heres a better pic.

8. pauly383

I will look more closely tommorrow after work. If you look back several weeks I did post rough measurements for someone else who was asking . I can also run some more pics off and e-mail em tommorrow . Its too late to be going outside and playing right now . I do believe it hugs the bottom of the hanger pretty tightly /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I have a new set still waiting to go on, I would suggest adding a row or two of weld to any area that will allow it, and then you will all but eliminate the flip from moving... /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

10. 85mudblazin

ok thanks, what if I just welded it straight to the hanger where ever I could??

11. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I've seen a couple spot welded at the top in the front of the hanger. Not a bad idea. Once I get mine sitting on all fours with the body on I'll tack mine too /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

That Echobit flip looks scary to say the least. Look at how it only contacts half the bushing in that top picture. There is no way that keep the axle located very well on or off road.

13. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I know that there are alot of people on here that bitch and moan about the Echobit flips, their quality, service etc... I just want to be one person that says I have had mine for almost 2 yrs now, it has been wheeled HARD, I got great service when I ordered it, and it has given me absolutly NO problems / issues since installed. I have broken / bent / ruined lots of parts in the last 2 yrs, but not the flip kit... seems to hold up fine. Here is a pic of mine w/ backwards 57's.
    [​IMG]

14. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Even when he rolls the truck...lok how well the Echobit flip holds up /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif j/k

[​IMG]

15. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

...it live thru that JUST FINE!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    That Echobit flip looks scary to say the least. Look at how it only contacts half the bushing in that top picture. There is no way that keep the axle located very well on or off road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well , I drive 30 miles roundtrip a day to work , and wheel it as often as I can . I have never had a problem with it . Feels real good cornering , and I have no wheelhop/spring wrap . As for the bushings in the top picture , my bushing kit ( bought a long time ago , before lift ) accidentally had bushings too big , so I cut the big ones down , they stick out some , but I have had no problems . I see what you mean though , the bushing doesn't sit flat on the sides , that hasn't been a problem . My transfercase recently , now thats a problem /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

17. 85mudblazin

18. pauly383

I got more pics in the areas you were asking , making them small enough to use now /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif