Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Echobit Flip & ?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerWheels, Jun 7, 2004.

1. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

Echobit Flip & ?\'s

My flip kit is about to go on, and I got a few ?'s.

Is there anything I will need to do to correct driveshaft angle??? Put in any shims, lower transfer case, or what? What would be best (other than CV)??

Also, when I install my 4" springs (front), what will I have to do to align driveshaft???

Thanks in advance.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: Echobit Flip & ?\'s

Every vehicle is different. When I installed my 4" lift, I didn't have to do anything (mind you I have a burb). Some people have had to do 1 or more or none of the things you listed. Best thing to do is when you put your lift in, before you bolts up the u-bolts, rest your rig on the axles on level ground and measure your driveshaft angle to determine if you need to shim or drop or whatever.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: Echobit Flip & ?\'s

This is what it looked like after my Echobit flip was installed :

[​IMG]

I didn't want to drop my transfercase, or shim it. I agree with not wanting to spend the big bucks for a CV ( I only did for simplicity, and pay for it each month ). And from trailflex to 65-70 on freeway , I have no issues running the CV. A CV also extends the life of every joint on the shaft.

It was suggested to me when I first posted up after my lift to get an angle finder and see what the actual angle is , then you can plan for your adjustments. You'll find the rear shaft front joint will be the one with the most angle , as your axle is now rotated up , and back a bit.

If you can get it vibration free for little money, by all means do it. I don't want to push a CV on you. I just like to share my experience.

Have a good one,
    Paul