Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Echobit Question!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by alf4444, Sep 9, 2004.

1. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I am runnin 6" TC's in the front and I'm going to install a echobit flip in the rear. My rear springs need to be replaced also can I replace with a stock spring or do I need lift springs to sit level like a 1.5" or something?

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

IIRC you will only get 4" out of the echobit flip..So get 2" rears or 2" block (not the better of the 2)

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

a shackle flip using the stock bracket will get you 4". i think the echobit will give 5.5", it mounts the shackle like 3" lower than the stock hole.

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

correction the echobit flip is designed to give you 5.5" of lift, it may vary since some springs are better than others.I would say do the echobit and get a 1" zero rate and see how it sits.

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    a shackle flip using the stock bracket will get you 4". i think the echobit will give 5.5", it mounts the shackle like 3" lower than the stock hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep what he said it will give you 5.5.. Get a zero rate to make it 6.5 to adjust for spring sag.. Should set pretty level then..

6. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

aahh he beat me to it

7. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

Cool thanks for the quick responce guys. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

One thing to watch for when using the shackle flip is the shock mounts and driveline angle . I used a 2wd axle , and the drivers side shock mount rotated down too far for the shock body to clear the axletube , and I run that shock upside down ( never did rotate mount yet LOL ) . You will also need to correct the driveline angle if you don't run a CV , like I do . With a shim it will be fine , and the shock mount will be allright too if shimmed , just retorque the u-bolts more often than you think you need to if you run shims . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

If you are running on a 208 transfer case, expect to need your drive shaft lenghtened.

I am running the echobit flip and a Azkicking zero rate + 1 ton CV drive shaft ( and a 10 bolt rear) /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    (yeah I know everyone else runs a conversion u-joint with a half ton shaft and a 1 ton rear, but... I run it just the opposite!)

Anyways, Before the zero rate, I was getting horrible vibes- Even after dropping the transfer case, shimming the transfer case, shimming 4 different times, couldnt get it right- Had to get the CV.

I got the zero rate to move my axle back by 1.5" which worked out very well in terms of slip yolk amount as well as movement. Wish I got it with a 3 or 4 degree cut, but...

The ass sits a little high, but when you load it down with Fuel, water, supplies, and tools... it comes out about the same as my 4" front suspension.

Oh yeah, while your at it, toast out your old spring bushings.