Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ECHOBIT

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87BrnRsd, Oct 7, 2003.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I ordered a shackle flip and a pair of shimms from echobit 4 weeks ago, and still have not gotten them. I live in north carolina, and sent a money order. Their site says that it takes 1 week for orders. So, if it took a week for my money order to get there, 1 week to make the parts, and 1 week for them to ship it back, then that is only 3 weeks total, not 4. I have called and called but all I get is either an answering machine, or the sound that souds like they are on the internet. I left a message yesterday on the answering machine, but got no call, and I sent an e-mail to them on saturday, but there has been no reply yet. It is starting to make me very unhappy, and I need the part now!! I am hoping (borregok5) will see this message, and inform me of my order, and am wanting to know if it took anyone else this long to get their stuff from echobit?
    -Harrison

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Things slip through the cracks sometimes, I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation for the delay. I hope... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I ordered 6" shakles in June..Still waiting for them.. I'm trying to be patient /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt mind the delay really except for the fact that if I dont get them by next week, then I will have no chance to have my truck on the road until well after christmas. Life without a vehicle is not fun.
    -Harrison

5. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I got my 4" shackle flip from them it took about 4 weeks but well worth it. you will get it sure there is a explanation for what is going on...Jason

6. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

if it makes ya'll feel any better i responded to his PM on another site well over a month ago and asked him a question. . . and nodda. i think he's kinda busy fixing his blowed up engine.

7. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

That actually makes me feel worse Henry. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I kind of need this part now if you know what I mean.
    -Harrison

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

4" shackle flip?

9. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I just responded to your PM regarding this order and I am at fault for not contacting you earlier regarding the delays. If shipping your order was just a matter of pulling the parts off the shelf, I would have gladly sent them out already. As you can see, I am still behind on some shackle sales back in June (Stomper). I run Echobit as the sole employee, in charge of every aspect of the business from marketing, sales, tech support, finance and of course hand crafting the parts. Demand has completely wiped out all of my inventory and walk in fabrication along with new orders causes delays since manpower stays the same ( I wont get into the huge increase in taxes a small business incurs once a second employee is added to the payroll in California - anyone following the recall election has a good idea). Be assured that nobody has slipped through the cracks and that I'm doing my best to build and ship each order with priority to the date purchased.

If you have called and reached the answering machine repeatedly, it is because I am spending all my time in the shop completing orders to get the current backorder filled. I don't always return calls in the late afternoon due to the 3hr time difference to the east coast as 9pm phone calls have a tendancy to catch people sleeping.

Between some remote off site fabrication, Blazer Bash last minute fabrication and the demise of the engine in my truck (which I use to pick up steel) I have had some further delays this month. Be assured that the truck has come secondary to the orders that need to be filled.

10. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

im sure theres a good explanation for this, ive done work with him before, and hes a great guy, and helps out alot. give his email another try echobit@echobit.com he usually responds pretty quickly.

wdur:
    i guess i was too late for my responce /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Mike's a good guy - if he says he's working on it, I believe he is. Give him a little time to catch up and I'm sure he'll get on your order pronto.

12. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Harrison, part of the delay is my fault. I had Mike build a million point roll cage for me, but because it's really a custom job and I'm 3 hours from him, he's had to come up twice, and has spent quite a few days refining the design, building it and building some stuff I added to his plate without prior notice. The whole thing took much longer than he expected, so other guy's stuff (like yours) was delayed, as he was hours from his own shop and couldn't just put my stuff on hold while he caught up. Tough spot for him.

Also, the long drives to and from my place with all of his equipment has wrecked considerable havoc on his truck. As a matter of fact, when his engine blew up was on the way back from my place, in the middle of the night.

Hmmm, after that explanation, I guess I probably owe him..... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I know he's working hard to get everything caught up. Mike is a very honest guy, he won't screw you over.

13. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I talked to him through pm's about my situation. He explained that the part is on backorder and that he is doing everything he can to get them shipped out. I told him how badly I need the part and I am counting on it to get here next week, and he said he is going to try to get it shipped tomorrow. I wouldnt have cared how long it took, but I really do need the part badly. I hope he can get me taken care of.
    -Harrison

14. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Beleave me. His product is worth the wait... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Beleave me. His product is worth the wait... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree. I was one of the first people to ever buy his shackle flip. I bought one of the batch of the first 10.

Mike accidently sent me two passenger side brackets (the first generation of brackets worked on one side or the other). I put my 'flip on only to find that the shackle angle was different side for side.

I wrote Mike an email and he sent me a 2nd set of brackets for free. I thought that was really good of him to hook me up like that.

Now if he could only provide the install. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've been too lazy to install the bracket he sent me and my shackle angle is still messed up on one side.

They've taken a year of beatings, cost half what the ORD stuff costs, give you nearly 6" of lift instead of 4" and are easier to install. To me, the Echobit flip is a win-win situation all around, and I'm glad to say that I've done business with Mike.

Trust me, it's worth the wait. Don't worry. Mike will hook you up.

16. 89BlazerK5

89BlazerK5 1/2 ton status

i plan on ordering a set when i do my 6". do they really give you near 6" of lift? even with stock springs, that might be a little saggy?

17. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    . As a matter of fact, when his engine blew up was on the way back from my place, in the middle of the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmmmm........ Sounds like there might be another reason the Mike is behind on his work. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Just kidding, Pam. Luv ya!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

89BlazerK5 depends on how good your springs are. [ QUOTE ]
    providing 5 3/4" of lift at the axle with brand new stock springs. Most stock springs sag over time though so a truck sitting low in the rear with a 4" front lift can expect to get an anywhere from 4-5" of rear lift from the bracket, which will sit level with the top on and loaded up. Those wanting 6" of lift can use zero rate leafs or add a leaf.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I hope that helps you out.

Harrison do you need them for the uwharrie trip or for the week after? Let me know asap ok, If need be you can use mine and when Mike sends yours to you just trade me ok. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Mine have been mounted but never used.

Danny

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i plan on ordering a set when i do my 6". do they really give you near 6" of lift? even with stock springs, that might be a little saggy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a truck, not a K5, so I can't tell you on that one. What I will tell you is that I have a set of nearly 30 year old rear springs that were in good shape that I used. I have the flip and those springs that I used and front superlift 6" springs with longer than stock shackles. It sits higher in the rear than the front.

20. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Funny Paul! (And luv ya back/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) Not that Mike isn't a cutie 'n all, but he's a family man. But hey, wouldn't we have been the talk 'o the forums /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Wait til ya see the cage. This poor guy hardly had time to scarf down food of any type. I'll post some pics next week.