Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ECM eeprom files or web site

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Rolled, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

Anybody know of a site to download binary files for the eeprom in my ecm? Better yet, anybody know of one that also has some good discussions on custom programming them?

Any tips will be appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Check out the diy-ecm (?) forum on www.thirdgen.org Read the sticky posts first, just like this board...if you don't search first, people won't be as helpful usually.

There is also the diy-ecm *list* http://www.diy-efi.org/ which I believe, if you look in the FTP section, there's a list of .bin's.

I'd say the 3rdgen forum is a little more tailored to DIY GM guys, especially since it is so focused on the TBI/TPI GM stuff, and pretty much nothing else.

3. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

Good stuff! Thanks for the links /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

do you then just use a laptop to upload them?
    Grant

5. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I am going to pull the chip and replace it with my own. I read a little something about doing through the data port, if that is what you are talking about.

Actually, I am going to make a remote chip holder so I can switch between chips faster. My end goal is to have a two or three stage chip, one stage for emissions, one for gas milage, and one for towing. With a toggle switch as a selector.

Turns out the recommended programmer is the one I have /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif This is going to be one of my next two or three projects. I can't wait /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

No, lots of reading first /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EPROM burner, an EPROM, winALDL, and something like winBIN are necessary. I'm sure I missed some stuff, but I'm in a hurry. Read Traxxion's(sp?) article on thirdgen.org about it. About as easy as it can be made to read.