Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ECM info???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bibleboy3, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Bibleboy3

Bibleboy3 Newbie

Hi all,
    I have an 88 2wd 2500 with TBI I would like to go with an after market ECM so that I can modify the code as I do my engine mods... the main things I'm looking for are PRICE I'm not gonna put a $1500 system on a $1000 truck :rolleyes: EASE of programing.. is very important to me.. and of course reliability... right now I just need to get this thing running ASAP!! it also need to be rewired front to back but I've got that covered... thank you in advance for all your help!!!

May Jesus bless you all
    Sincerely,
    Bill :D

2. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

Here you go this thread has alot of info you can use.

Clicky

3. Bibleboy3

Bibleboy3 Newbie

thank you...

Hi,
    thank you for the link.. but I'm looking for a low buck and easy to program after-market ECM... I'm sad to say there are some dead links on the diy - efi page :(... it looks like I'll be converting it back to good old carb.. :(

May Jesus bless you
    Sincerely,
    Bill

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You may not need to modify the ecu programme! What mods are you planning? You may be able to use stock chip. I have an Edelbrock performer cam and inlet with flat top pistons, dual freeflow mufflers and an open 4" element. It runs fine on the stock chip. I've got re-writing equiptment now so I'll try to wright in a bit more power, but if money is an issue and your motor mods aren't too wild you could prob get away with a stock chip. Just run the free winaldl prog to check on fueling and timing/knock.
    Good luck.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status