Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ECM questions...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Eagle Driver, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Eagle Driver

Eagle Driver Registered Member

I can't get any codes at all. I am trying to figure out why my truck is running terribly...Thought it was bad gas, nope, gas looks good. New filter, pump is fine. Thought it might be EGR valve. Pulled it, looks fine.

Is it true that all sensors throw codes? And what if I am completely unable to check them? Do I have a main computer on the fritz? Please help, I don't want to call a tow truck to take it someplace that'd do the same thing I could do (except know what the problem is :) )

Thanks!

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Almost everything should throw a code, but wouldn't be the first truck to run crappy without throwing a code. What is "running terrible". You really need to elaborate. ANd just because an EGR 'looks fine" doesn't mean it is. Did the plunger on it move freely? Vacuum line to it is hooked up? No damage to that line?

3. Eagle Driver

Eagle Driver Registered Member

Here goes. Running just fine and then, missing, coughing, sputtering, with the SES light going on at the RPM lows. Revved her up, it cleared, figured bad gas, went along my way. Same thing happened 40 minutes later, excpet now she won't clear at all. Put the pedal down, and I get a RRrrrRRRrrrRRR (how else can I describe it).

Now, running like ****, and I don't want to drive at all. Plunger moved freely, vaccum lines are fine, etc...

I really want to know why I can't get codes...

4. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

well the code for bad ECM is 35 or 41 but that dont help if aint got codes to read . thats weird you dont get any codes. so does it flash at all , does it flash 12 anymore thats the code for engin off ? it should throw codes for vacum leaks ,egr, est, ecm, o2, map ,tps and a lot more.