Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ECM reporting 85 K-5 350

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fdj1, Jan 22, 2001.

1. fdj1

fdj1 Newbie

I have a 85 K-5 350 v8 it is a california truck which has a full computer controled dist, carb to a point. I am not receiving a speedo reference at the ECM where and how to check and hey the speedo works on the dash. Is this coming from the 700r4 tranny or is it tied to the speedo pood in the dash

2. fdj1

fdj1 Newbie

test

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You are going to have to clarify..I can't understand what the problem is, and what you are asking. However, the VSS (Vehicle speed sensor) is bolted to the back of the speedometer in the dash. It emits a beam of light, which is read by the VSS, and transmitted back, via a yellow "box" somewhere...I don't know where for sure, but I *believe* that goes to the ECM. The VSS input tells the transmission it is at a high enough speed to lock the torque converter up. It is one of 3 inputs for torque converter lock/unlock on a full CCC system.

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://yeagerd.home.mindspring.com/index2.html>http://yeagerd.home.mindspring.com/index2.html</A>

4. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

and the cable runs fromt he back of the speedo the the transfer case not the transmission.

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>