Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ECM, to be or not to be?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by austin84k5, Jul 21, 2000.

1. austin84k5

austin84k5 Newbie

Jul 20, 2000
    I have an 84 k-5 blazer that came with a 305 ECM controlled engine. I swapped the old beast for a new GM 350 crate engine. Added edelbrock manifold (emission comp.) and an edelbrock 1400 carb, New Distributor. Now that I have removed all the emission controls I am stuck with the realization that I need to make a decision to use the ECM or NOT! I am currently running without it because the carb won't adapt, no egr, knock sensor broke off during engine swap, all the old emission equip was rotted to hell, and the distributor is not compatible. But what worries me most is the TCC (Transmission Converter Clutch) which engages the full torque converter for overdrive. I would like to bypass all the ECM stuff, use as much emission stuff as I can, and get the TCC to work with my transmission. Does anyone know if I can convert my electric solenoid controlled 700R-4 to vaccum or a switch?